Home

What makes Pro Tack a technology?

This is a discussion on What makes Pro Tack a technology? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #33
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What makes Pro Tack a technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
The thought process here is continuity. If Steve Breaston can move 3-4 tackles, what can a guy like Brandon Jacobs do?

As far as mathmatics vz technology I suppose its open to personal interpretation. If Pro Tack is nothing more than the tackling system Madden already had, just multiplied, I see no reason to label it as a technology.

When they say technology, it gave me the impression they created something that was not in the game before. I was assuming that it was based in real life data, I don't think its all that far fetched considering the tools EA has.

Moe, in all honesty. How are you watching and assessing when Pro Tack comes into play? I have seen with as little as 3 players the odd shuffling that makes me assume Pro Tack has been engaged. Again, how many times must I tell you to ether inform yourself more about my post and videos or simply stop making false comments. I have and did say good things about M10, just because you didnt see / hear / or read them does not mean they didnt happen.

As far as this being a boring thread, look if you guys just wanna throw down money and trust everything you read on a box, thats on you. Pro Tack is a major selling point for Madden 10, pardon me for wanting some clarity on it after I have seen very odd things happen.
I think that you personally label Pro-Tak as more people adding on to gang tackles which is why you are probably confused. Have you ever thought about the realistic pockets? The ability to push the pile? Procedural Awareness? Things that no other football game has ever been able to accomplish such as 9-man gang tackles is done by a technology - the practical application of science. Pro-Tak allows things to occur that never occurred in any other football game and if expanded, could be even better. I understand that your argument is about collisions during the gang tackles, but sometimes I wonder if you and Apex played the demo looking for the positives first, instead of the negatives. A lot of stuff in Pro-Tak needs to be improved, but some of it isn't game killers by any means. I do understand some of your argument though. I just wanted to ask you: Would you purchase Madden 10 based on your impressions of playing the demo at this point or do you feel that Madden 10 have too many of the same problems for that to happen?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I think that you personally label Pro-Tak as more people adding on to gang tackles which is why you are probably confused. Have you ever thought about the realistic pockets? The ability to push the pile? Procedural Awareness? Things that no other football game has ever been able to accomplish such as 9-man gang tackles is done by a technology - the practical application of science. Pro-Tak allows things to occur that never occurred in any other football game and if expanded, could be even better. I understand that your argument is about collisions during the gang tackles, but sometimes I wonder if you and Apex played the demo looking for the positives first, instead of the negatives. A lot of stuff in Pro-Tak needs to be improved, but some of it isn't game killers by any means. I do understand some of your argument though. I just wanted to ask you: Would you would purchase Madden 10 based on your impressions of playing the demo at this point or do you feel that Madden 10 have too many of the same problems for that to happen?
you are truly working for EA with this post

here why? your statement about things no other football game have accomplish besides the 9-man tackling(NO DEBATE)

dog pile statement, which is somethin i always question, HOW DOES PRO-TAK help a MINI-GAME/CUT-SCENE? now if the dog-pile was in REAL TIME i can see but since its not they showing u a movie and pro-tak helps that...lol

procedural awareness...must not have played all pro 2k8 cause BEEN THERE DONE THAT

pocket? judging from the demo it still looks like the straight line pocket madden always had and steering is not present all the time

Last edited by CoHouse2814; 07-29-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
based off the demo these bold words are straight lies. one because there videos even my rmoody that tackle dont get added on and two i seen FITZ breaking three tackles
Lord knows I get being passionate about gaming. Lets try to keep things civil though, if not threads gets locked and any chance of learning is gone.

Great find though. Like I said, it seems to have no checks and balances. Players don't interact they just stand around and move aimlessly motion shifting people around. I just want to know where that was based on, what information (or video) was used.

In the most respectful way possible, if you haven't played the game I just don't know if you can make valid statements about what it does. It certainly removes the players control and does not seem to be an accurate representation of what Ian explains. Im not saying its not capable of doing that, its just not doing it now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #36
SXL
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
I suppose it was just a bad sample you gave more than anything. DLine reaching was very big in terms of rushing, it did alot to remove aimless running through the line.

From what I am seeing Pro Tack takes away more from Madden than it gives.
Ok, no problem there. Like i said earlier though, what makes it a technology is that EA calls it that to sell it to the casual gamer.

NOT FEELIN ME/ FINE/ COST YOU NOTHIN/ PAY ME NO MIND.

JAY Z
Old 07-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXL
Ok, no problem there. Like i said earlier though, what makes it a technology is that EA calls it that to sell it to the casual gamer.
Exactly.

That is the answer in the simplest form.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:40 PM   #38
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
You can also go on to say that I'm a fanboy, a resident of the matrix, sheeple, and an arcade gamer, etc.

I honestly don't care. I'm just trying to discuss a topic civilly.

Edit: I never mentioned the fumble pile-up, but somehow Pro-Tak allows it and procedural tackling which I'm not exactly sure was in APF 2k8. Also, I disagree with the pockets. I think that they form more realistically and are a huge improvement over Madden 09.

Last edited by MattIntellect; 07-29-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Being civil wouldn't hurt, would it?

Last edited by roadman; 07-29-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You wonder why threads get closed and infractions are given out when there are shots fired like this.

Being civil wouldn't hurt, would it?
well ok my bad didnt know the sensitivity was so high. im sorry matt for accusing u of being in EA payroll. friends!!!!

to matt: my bad u said push the pile so skip the dog pile but head tracking or procedural awareness was already in 2k8 and pocket being better than 09 is not saying much really but i still see the straight line logic and barely see the steering tech but i think that would be worked on for the final build. hopefully

Last edited by CoHouse2814; 07-29-2009 at 08:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »