Home

What makes Pro Tack a technology?

This is a discussion on What makes Pro Tack a technology? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: What makes Pro Tack a technology?

I've always stood by this since I first saw the videos.

Their is nothing "pro" about pro tak at this point in time from the first video, demos and review builds its amateur tak at the minimum.

I stand by my first impression that the tackles are horrible and lack any type of hitting capacity, it resembled bees to honey instead of moth to flame.

That was my first impression and their are some improvements but right now its "amateur tak".

Now let the pissed off people come in and say I'm a ***** as they normally do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #42
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
well ok my bad didnt know the sensitivity was so high. im sorry matt for accusing u of being in EA payroll. friends!!!!

to matt: my bad u said push the pile so skip the dog pile but head tracking or procedural awareness was already in 2k8 and pocket being better than 09 is not saying much really but i still see the straight line logic and barely see the steering tech but i think that would be worked on for the final build. hopefully
I don't lie especially when it comes to Madden's blocking. I've played Madden for years, but I always hated the pocket, even in last-gen Maddens and I feel that Madden 10's blocking is the best in the franchise, although it may still need some work. I am also hopeful that many things are fixed in the final build.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
In essence if your just upgrading a tackle system that has been in place for the last 4 years why come out and sell this as a technology and major game feature. By labeling it that way it leads me to think this was something new added to the game, I dont think im alone in that viewpoint.
I'm not saying that its going to be great (and no I haven't played the demo yet) but even if its an improvement on something that's been in the game even as a critic aren't you at least willing to admit that it is something new?

Another question - do you have the pre-order 5 minute demo or are you playing the 1 minute demo? I didn't pre-order so I'm in the process of downloading the free one and could that be the difference between what you're seeing in the game and what Matt is seeing?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 6

troy palumalu, james harisson and farrior hug larry fitzgerald. if i was a steelers fans i will break my controller immediately. pro tak is urgly. ea can use euphoria to build there tackling animation. i know euphoria can also have is own problem, but nothing compare compare to the the problem pro tak is giving us right now.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I think that you personally label Pro-Tak as more people adding on to gang tackles which is why you are probably confused. Have you ever thought about the realistic pockets? The ability to push the pile? Procedural Awareness? Things that no other football game has ever been able to accomplish such as 9-man gang tackles is done by a technology - the practical application of science. Pro-Tak allows things to occur that never occurred in any other football game and if expanded, could be even better. I understand that your argument is about collisions during the gang tackles, but sometimes I wonder if you and Apex played the demo looking for the positives first, instead of the negatives. A lot of stuff in Pro-Tak needs to be improved, but some of it isn't game killers by any means. I do understand some of your argument though. I just wanted to ask you: Would you purchase Madden 10 based on your impressions of playing the demo at this point or do you feel that Madden 10 have too many of the same problems for that to happen?
All this mumbo jumbo is unnecessary...Too many EA apologists just can't seem to understand this game is not very different than its predecessors. The legacy code of this game is broken and cannot be fixed. Ian and all his merry men can try ever so mighty to put humpty dumpty Madden back together again but its not gonna happen until consumers speak by not buying the game or demanding better quality.

All this pro-tak garbage and procedural awareness nonsense is not something that jumps out at me when I play the game...I see and feel the same horrible OL/DL interaction...DL are stuck and just fall down...There is absolutely no pass rush as the CPU sits in the pocket 4-ever...The running animations are not bad...THEY ARE ATROCIOUS...The PLAYBOOKS are old and delapidated. The presentation looks and feels pasted on in an effort to give an already dying game life...I still see brain dead DB's, slipping and sliding, warping players and terrible O-line blocking...The sad part is this will be likely the best Madden to date and here we are 6 years after 2K5 and they still can't touch 2K5...Never in a million years would I have thought that would be possible.

IMO someone other than Tiburon needs to make this game...There needs to be a fresh new start to this game with people who are committed to innovation instead of tweaking and Duplication...I'm a Madden head and I hate this game already..Its still boring...its still lifeless...Its McMadden..The McDonalds of the videogaming world. Give this game to EA Canada or some new fresh innovative developers who have the talent and authority to make a real next gen game. Tiburon is not cutting it...I wish the best for all its employees..Maybe they should stick with the NFL Street games and Superman but a Football sim is not what they should be doing.

The even sadder part is I'll probably buy the game...EA really has us by the balls

Last edited by dat swag; 07-29-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Another question - do you have the pre-order 5 minute demo or are you playing the 1 minute demo?
I am using the 5 minute demo on All Madden.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 07-29-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
I am using the 5 minute demo on All Madden.
I'm also playing the 5 minute Demo and I'm thoroughly unimpressed...Pro-Tak does nothing for me...Its not even something IMO thats worth mentioning...I don't find myself being wowed or amazed.

Oh and "Procedural Awareness"???...where the hell is it??? because while it will look great on the box before you buy the game it for damn sure has no impact or visual value in the game.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
EA really has us by the balls
No they don't, just don't buy the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »