Home

What makes Pro Tack a technology?

This is a discussion on What makes Pro Tack a technology? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #57
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: What makes Pro Tack a technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I think that you personally label Pro-Tak as more people adding on to gang tackles which is why you are probably confused. Have you ever thought about the realistic pockets? The ability to push the pile? Procedural Awareness? Things that no other football game has ever been able to accomplish such as 9-man gang tackles is done by a technology - the practical application of science. Pro-Tak allows things to occur that never occurred in any other football game and if expanded, could be even better. I understand that your argument is about collisions during the gang tackles, but sometimes I wonder if you and Apex played the demo looking for the positives first, instead of the negatives. A lot of stuff in Pro-Tak needs to be improved, but some of it isn't game killers by any means. I do understand some of your argument though. I just wanted to ask you: Would you purchase Madden 10 based on your impressions of playing the demo at this point or do you feel that Madden 10 have too many of the same problems for that to happen?
I pretty much disagree with everything here. That looks kinda like an EA Memo almost.

Never before in a football game? That is a pretty blind statement when there is proof that says otherwise out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold
Look, after hearing this year after year did you really expect it to be any different this year? This crap will accompany the game's release every year.

I am also thoroughly convinced if (I know this is ridiculous, just bear with me) EA secretly bought 2K, then released this year's Madden as NFL 2K9 most of this noise would suddenly be praise. Just my opinion, now lets see who gets there panties in a bunch. LMAO
Doubtful. The difference between the two are like night and day.

Last edited by JEM; 07-29-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63
Let's see, you're calling other people sheep but admit you will buy the game even though it's not up to par ?...yeah, that makes sense.

Keep dreaming on EA giving up on the contract, unless the NFL desires to go in a different direction EA will re-new it. Too much $$ at stake. IMO that is.
I understand your point but I gotta unload NCAA 10 so I may as well go ahead and get Madden..Play it for a while and trade it in for LIVE 10...I'm too much of Football guy to simply not play at all. I'll at least give the game more of a shot just on the remote outside chance that It may grow on me...doubtful though
Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 7

Old 07-30-2009, 02:48 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 21

Sweet lord...why did you post that. I think a order for some rope and lumber just got placed around here.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:51 AM   #61
MVP

mmorg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
The sad part is this will be likely the best Madden to date and here we are 6 years after 2K5 and they still can't touch 2K5...Never in a million years would I have thought that would be possible.
This is the worst part of this forum. The glorifying of games like ESPN NFL 2k5 and MVP Baseball 05. Two very decent games that somehow get better every day in the eyes of EA and SCEA haters. It's ok to hate on EA, but it's very illogical to praise NFL 2k5 as some perfect football video game that could do no wrong. The 2k series has its fair share of huge problems as does Madden. Give it a rest guys please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 02:58 AM   #62
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
This is the worst part of this forum. The glorifying of games like ESPN NFL 2k5 and MVP Baseball 05. Two very decent games that somehow get better every day in the eyes of EA and SCEA haters. It's ok to hate on EA, but it's very illogical to praise NFL 2k5 as some perfect football video game that could do no wrong. The 2k series has its fair share of huge problems as does Madden. Give it a rest guys please?
Prepare for 5+ pages of nonsensical rebuttal.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:05 AM   #63
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Prepare for 5+ pages of nonsensical rebuttal.
Sooner or later dont they all turn into that?

Honestly, I hope we can keep on topic. I really had no interest in learning about how "awesome" kickers warming up would be, not sure any of us did.

I think we would all have an interest in learning about Pro Tack. Ian was kind enough to give a watered down version of the AI / Animation sequence. I just cant help but reiterate here, Pro Tack is a juggernaut in this game, seemingly limit less in its power. Speaking from experience its has more control over a play than any user interaction. Seeing Willie Parker do this stuff is all the more troubling, give me the impression that Brandon Jacobs will be next to impossible to stop.

Im hoping if we can all play nice in the sandbox here we get the same outcome.

As a side note, Im holding back Pro Tack vids to cut down on the hate mail.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:08 AM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
You can find tons of people that dislike what EA has done with Madden, but they LOVE what EA did with MVP 05. To them, the company behind the game doesn't matter. It is about making games that match up to their old counterparts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »