Home

Would you guys be surprised if NCAA ends up being the better of the 2?

This is a discussion on Would you guys be surprised if NCAA ends up being the better of the 2? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Would you guys be surprised if NCAA ends up being the better of the 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
NCAA 2010 didnt add anything tho. Its the same damn game as last year. Wheres the team intros? Warmups? Half time show? Post game show? New equipment? 9 man gang tackles? Franchise weekly wrap up shows? Oh wait, NCAA 2010 added WIND SOCKS!!

Madden 2010 was better than NCAA 2010 from the on set. The only people who will think NCAA is better than Madden this year are the people who no nothing about video games or are die hard college football fans.
Dont wanna turn this into an NCAA versus Madden argument, but to say what you just said about NCAA is ignorance at its finest.

I'm not a huge college fan, BUT..

-Catching animations gone wild they're are so many and even on defense.
-QB's getting hit and not being able to make a crisp pass to their receivers.
-Passes being tipped @ the line

It's definitely not the same as last years game by far.

I know Madden is going to be good I'm a die-hard nfl football fan, but NCAA did impress the ish outta me this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #26
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
You named off a lot of glitz, sparkle and bling there man, but it really comes down to the gameplay in the end. Which of the 2 will take the crown?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Everything you stated were presentation elements except for the 9 man game tackles. A game can have all of that and still not play as well on the field. If you add something that doesn't work as well as advertised or leads to unrealistic animations who really wins?

NCAA doesn't knock your socks off but it's solid. More than that it's FUN. With the Madden demo all I can think about is how I'm gonna change sliders and game speed and hope and pray some of the really poor animations have been fixed.

Madden seems more robust and should be the better game.........We'll see on the 14th (or sooner).
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3athb4dishonor
Dont wanna turn this into an NCAA versus Madden argument, but to say what you just said about NCAA is ignorance at its finest.

I'm not a huge college fan, BUT..

-Catching animations gone wild they're are so many and even on defense.
-QB's getting hit and not being able to make a crisp pass to their receivers.
-Passes being tipped @ the line

It's definitely not the same as last years game by far.

I know Madden is going to be good I'm a die-hard nfl football fan, but NCAA did impress the ish outta me this year.
I have to give props to all 3 of you guys. What you guys mentioned about NCAA 10 was dead on. It's a fun game and for those that convinced themselves that its still NCAA 09 is simply cheating themselves out of a fun football game.

NCAA 10 with some slider adjustments is a very exciting experience. I'm loving the game, and the new animations they added are sweet. I really like how you can break out of a tackle at times, and It looks good.

To those that think NCAA 10 is NCAA 09 it's not, either rent the game or give it a honest chance. The game is much better than 09.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mems1224
if madden comes out worse than NCAA then there is no hope for EA. NCAA has so many bugs/glitches, bad presentation and the annoying slow menus that hopefully this madden wont have

im not too excited for this madden, im still gonna rent it and enjoy it for a month or two but i highly doubt it will be worse than NCAA, so yea, i would be very surprised
Theres always hope for ea its called nhl 10
Old 07-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Madden had all the hype, I mean all the hype this year, and suddenly some ugly issues are popping up in previews. NCAA had little to no hype at all, there was hardly any news on the game. But as you all know, it turned out pretty darn good.

We'll see soon eh?
what are the "ugly issues" popping up?
Old 07-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Madden had all the hype, I mean all the hype this year, and suddenly some ugly issues are popping up in previews. NCAA had little to no hype at all, there was hardly any news on the game. But as you all know, it turned out pretty darn good.

We'll see soon eh?
NCAA 10 is trash, I haven't touched that game since playing the madden 10 Demo.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #30
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
You named off a lot of glitz, sparkle and bling there man, but it really comes down to the gameplay in the end. Which of the 2 will take the crown?
Well since the demo alone right now at the present time is much better, gameplay wise compared to NCAA, then I'm sure the final build will blow your mind.

I love college football but when you play the madden demo the playability of the game is lightyears ahead of NCAA. Not even up for debate. Sure NCAA is better but it's vastly inferior compared to the demo let alone the final build of madden 10.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #31
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodImmigrant
what are the "ugly issues" popping up?
I think he was referring to a previewer stating he hasn't seen any tipped passes as of yet while playing. Not sure that constitutes an "ugly issue" but someone posted the video debunking that notion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 04:02 PM   #32
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

If NCAA is better than madden I will be making a trip to gamestop sooner than yesterday. So NCAA was in my machine for 11 days. Just couldn't get into the game. Nothing great IMO. All they did was add some uniforms (should have been in the game already), Make the game a little more playable (should have been from get go) Season showdown (I couldn't care less). Its ok though I only paid $10 bucks for it after trading in some old games I don't play anymore. I took it back, and got MGS4 PS3, NCAA 06 PS2, MADDEN 06 PS2, and NFL2k5 PS2 since I sold all those old gen games when I sold my XBOX. For the first time in 3 years I am buying madden (fathers day gift from my wife) so madden is getting another chance and I am kind of excited but if that game is bad I will be selling it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »