Home

Would you guys be surprised if NCAA ends up being the better of the 2?

This is a discussion on Would you guys be surprised if NCAA ends up being the better of the 2? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Would you guys be surprised if NCAA ends up being the better of the 2?

I can't see how anyone who has played the NCAA game and the Madden demo can say NCAA is trash. Other than the game speed and pro-tak the games play just like each other.

The presentation stuff will help madden as far as bringing you more into the game, but "gameplay" between the demo and NCAA is dang near identical.

The retail version may have some other unforseen surprises but right now NCAA plays just as good as the Madden demo imo.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #34
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

Don't get me wrong, I think NCAA has been improved. I just couldn't get into the game, the sound was not good at all. I never felt excited to play in a tough stadium, or in tough games against my rival. Nothing about the game made it feel like College football. Some people would say that all the presentation is just fluff but I like it.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #35
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

I just don't see NCAA being better. I got NCAA day one and even with the patch, have only played it 3 times. I have played the demo of Madden every single day, the Gamestop one and the original downloaded one. IMO, the 2 games play as different as night and day. Madden plays much more realistic. But to each his own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #36
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

NCAA is a really good game although lacking on the presentation front, but in the end MADDEN 10' is going to be the better game. Hands down. It may even dethrone my fave Football game of all time(yes that game*cough* ahem*cough 2K5 lol*)

NCAA has to realize that in college football it is all about immersion and they do not have that factor. Sure they have fantastic gameplay...but the rest of the game is sorely lacking what should have already been in place to make it the greatest CFB game ever...
Old 07-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #37
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

The few issues I have seen in the human coontrolled sides of madden 10 demo offense and Defense. Is the paaa rush blocking needs a little more tweaking and the paas rush on the defense side of the ball needs a little more tweaking to have a better pass rush. But I am sure these tweaks have already been addressed and all I am waiting for now is the game itself in a few weeks.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 4

Let's be fair, shall we? I like both Madden and NCAA, but let me clarify for those who might believe some some of the b.s. that's been told about NCAA 10. NCAA added...

Tons more player animations

Much improved AI defensive play at Heisman level and it adapts to your play style. (Play against any top ten team on Heisman level and then tell me it plays the same as last year!)

Set-up play - Plays in various playbooks that are linked to exploit weaknesses in the defense overplaying another play you have run before

Game Plan - Lets you access a menu comprised of specific or global strategies to tell your team exactly how aggressive or conservative you want them to be - Three possible settings for each strategy on offense or defense with possible penalties for being too aggressive:
Offense:
Get Open
Holding Blocks
Impact Blocks
Catching
Big Run

Defense:
Big Hits
Strip Ball
Zone Coverage
Defensive Line
Pass Defense
Option Defense

Down late in the game and you want to strip the ball at all costs? - Now you can do something about it!

TeamBuilder - Create your own team online with your computer with your own custom logo and stadium based on any existing team roster and play with them in the game - This feature is a blast! I created my own team the "Gamblers" with my last name at QB, and the announcer says the name of my team as well as my last name! (I think an actual player with your last name must exist for your last name to work, but why the announcer says "Gamblers" I don't know, but he does. Nice.)

Player Lock - Select a player and view the play from his point of view - Want to try and block the field goal from the defensive lineman or linebacker point of view? Now you can! Want to play deep safety and defense the play from the defensive side of the ball? Now you can!

Customizable Controller Config - Why can't Madden do this anymore? What happened Ian?

Progressive Lighting - Is Madden 10 going to have this? I guess we still don't know.

I won't even get into the season and dynasty features and improvements for the sake of space.

The Game Plan and TeamBuilder features alone are worth buying NCAA 10 to me.

There are good and bad things about both. I bought NCAA 10 and I've seen both Madden 10 demos. Just don't believe someone who tells you wind socks are the only new feature in NCAA 10.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I can't see how anyone who has played the NCAA game and the Madden demo can say NCAA is trash. Other than the game speed and pro-tak the games play just like each other.

The presentation stuff will help madden as far as bringing you more into the game, but "gameplay" between the demo and NCAA is dang near identical.

The retail version may have some other unforseen surprises but right now NCAA plays just as good as the Madden demo imo.
Play online, you'll see that it's trash.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 7

NCAA is complete trash, no way that game comes close to madden at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »