Home

Would you guys be surprised if NCAA ends up being the better of the 2?

This is a discussion on Would you guys be surprised if NCAA ends up being the better of the 2? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #57
Rookie

Senor Nascar's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Would you guys be surprised if NCAA ends up being the better of the 2?

It boils down to what was worked in the offseason. NCAA focused on team builder, season showdown and improving their gameplay. I agree that those are good improvements. After having played the game, it looks just like 09 and plays quite a bit better. The lack of presentation has been stated numerous times. I played the game for two weeks and was honestly unimpressed compared to what I have seen out of Madden.

Madden has worked tremendously in the offseason on presentation, revamped gameplay, revamped stats, revamped draft classes, QB ratings for pocket, on the run, play action, throwing short, medium, and long. It does have tipped passes even though I have seen alot of people saying it doesn't. I have tipped passes myself on both demos. It has more options in regards to fine tuning the game, sliders, and more.

IMO it is an absolute no-brainer. I am shocked to see how many people do not realize how many things changed from one year to the next in this years Madden compared to NCAA.

On a side note, everyone is really comparing the Madden 10 demo to the NCAA final game. Now the NCAA demo was terrible and the final product was much better. Imagine if the same happens with Madden...it certainly won't be worse than the demo.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
You guys are going to have to forgive my ignorance here, but I would like someone who is enjoying NCAA'10 to tell me how a football game with no physics and/or momentum can have great gameplay.

Does the retail version of NCAA'10 have a sense of momentum where players cannot turn on a dime and are less twitchy? In the demo, this was the single biggest reason as to why I could not enjoy the game. If I am correct and NCAA'10 has no momentum, that alone will make it pale in comparison to Madden in my eyes.

Madden'10 has subpar momentum and physics also (in my opinion), but atleast I saw players planting their feet in the Madden'10 demo; I can't say the same for the NCAA'10 demo.
I dont know what game of madden yall are playing but I can run the ball in NCAA just like I can in Madden. NCAA does have momentum in the running game. If you are running right and snap back left on the stick, the HB does not just change directions, he slows down then goes the other way. Its almost like AP2k8. I love it. Its the same as Madden demo. Some of yall are either telling lies or never really played NCAA 2010.

The ONLY difference I have seen GAMEPLAY wise between NCAA and the Madden DEMO's is the game speed is slower in the demos and Madden has Pro-tak and the cut-scenes and presentation stuff.

The animations, batted balls, player control, even the Offensive tackles letting the DE's run right by them is in BOTH games. QBs throw ducks when they are hit while throwing, just like madden.

Presentation is important in a football game. It was icing on the cake for 2k5. However people gotta realise it was not presentation that made 2K5 great, it was the gameplay. The presentation just added to that and made the overall product complete.

If some of yall are purely excitied over madden over the presentation stuff, you aint gonna be happy with it for long, that stuff gets old in a month "IF" you dont like the game on the field.

Right now I am just puzzled at how people can be hating on how NCAA plays and it plays JUST like the demo you claim to love ?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #59
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I dont know what game of madden yall are playing but I can run the ball in NCAA just like I can in Madden. NCAA does have momentum in the running game. If you are running right and snap back left on the stick, the HB does not just change directions, he slows down then goes the other way. Its almost like AP2k8. I love it. Its the same as Madden demo. Some of yall are either telling lies or never really played NCAA 2010.

The ONLY difference I have seen GAMEPLAY wise between NCAA and the Madden DEMO's is the game speed is slower in the demos and Madden has Pro-tak and the cut-scenes and presentation stuff.

The animations, batted balls, player control, even the Offensive tackles letting the DE's run right by them is in BOTH games. QBs throw ducks when they are hit while throwing, just like madden.

Presentation is important in a football game. It was icing on the cake for 2k5. However people gotta realise it was not presentation that made 2K5 great, it was the gameplay. The presentation just added to that and made the overall product complete.

If some of yall are purely excitied over madden over the presentation stuff, you aint gonna be happy with it for long, that stuff gets old in a month "IF" you dont like the game on the field.

Right now I am just puzzled at how people can be hating on how NCAA plays and it plays JUST like the demo you claim to love ?
No need to get defensive and start labeling people as "liars" and "haters".

I just wanted to know if the retail version was different than the demo in terms of momemtum and foot-planting. Seeing as how I did not get a direct answer I'm going to assume that the answer is no and that you (and others) are simply not bothered by it; which is fine, I'm glad you're enjoying your game.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
No need to get defensive and start labeling people as "liars" and "haters".

I just wanted to know if the retail version was different than the demo in terms of momemtum and foot-planting. Seeing as how I did not get a direct answer I'm going to assume that the answer is no and that you (and others) are simply not bothered by it; which is fine, I'm glad you're enjoying your game.
?????

I did not get defensive, I am PUZZLED. I also answered your question. Maybe you did not like the answer ?

I told you the HB's dont turn on a dime if you change direction they hesitate and depending on how fast you are running there is more inertia he has to overcome. I have played the game and I am telling you this but you are gonna assume otherwise because you did not like the answer you got. I dont know what to say to yah man.

I also did not call anyone a ***** so stop the blasphemy.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #61
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Actually i wouldnt be surprised if it was better. The ability to really edit your player etc in NCAA and even make a teambuilder"NFL" team might proove it as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

I prefer NCAA gameplay, but I'm also one of those roll out and dump / Tim Tebow lovers. :-P
Old 07-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Considering the Madden 10 demo is better than NCAA 10 IMO. Then I would actually **** a brick and post it on youtube for everyone to see.

― Plato
Old 07-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #64
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

yep, very

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »