Home

Anyone have a problem with Challenges in video games?

This is a discussion on Anyone have a problem with Challenges in video games? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Anyone have a problem with Challenges in video games?

Anyone have a problem with this? I feel like it kind of makes the game worse (no where near game breaking)...I'm no engineer or anything and I'm not a 100% sure how it works, but it was always my thought that the game on occasion will purposely get the call wrong...and whats even worse is the detection ability of the computer...you can go to the replay and with the human eye tell that your challenge should have been successful, but to the CPU refs it was unsuccessful. It just feels wrong...anyone feel this way and is my thinking on how the challenge system works correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone have a problem with Challenges in video games?

This is the one thing I can agree and say 2K did it better...

It's kind of lame how there can be a pass that isn't necessarly caught(because we all know you have to make a football move before a pass is called a completion), ruled a fumble, then on the ensuing run back the defender fumbles the ball and the defense still ends with possession you can't go back and review the catch that was ruled a fumble in the first place, because of the extra fumble.

or even a simpler scenario the ball is fumbled, but the defender doesn't establish possession before stepping out bounds with the ball its still ruled in the defenses favor.

That's what you need options when the challenge screen pops up, because I thought the new mantra was "If It Happens On Sunday..."
Old 07-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Ive been requesting for 2years that the Madden devs incorporate the 2Kfootball challenge system. It was very realistic and allowed you option to choose exactly what you wanted to challenge based on how the play went. I guess didn't make it inot Madden10.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Challenge system is broken and it's been this way since it was added. I don't like the idea of the game deciding what I'm challenging rather than me make that choice. I'm the coach. If something didn't see right about that play in terms of the call, I want to challenge and I want the option to decide exactly what I'm challenging.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »