Home

What about setting a price point for Madden 2010?

This is a discussion on What about setting a price point for Madden 2010? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What about setting a price point for Madden 2010?

The only time I spend the retail value $59.99 on a game has been on Madden and Grand Theft Auto. Even games like Metal Gear Solid and NBA 2K9 I have waited to buy.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinsingh
The only time I spend the retail value $59.99 on a game has been on Madden and Grand Theft Auto. Even games like Metal Gear Solid and NBA 2K9 I have waited to buy.
Metal Gear Solid>Grand Theft Autp

Just an opinion
Old 07-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Op, I agree. I'm not a hardcore gamer and only get the few AAA titles at full price and get the others at a much lower price when I get the chance to play them... as I just played Mass Effect and Bioshock, both $10. Back on topic, are you aware that the new Madden will require a code for online Franchise? Most likely it will be available to purchase on the Marketplace, but that is something new that a lot of companies are doing to promote buying new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

Hey "mikeacard" and "martinsingh", I can respect that! At least it's just one or two games a year that you buy brand new. There are people that drop $60 on every single game. Games that aren't even worth it. Honestly, there are none for me and I'm a gamer. It has to be $40 or less to get me in the door.

As far as Madden goes, I'd like to Offline Franchise go the distance. My cousin is has already preordered it, so I get to go to his house and test a Franchise game to gauge if it's worth me getting it or not. I really miss the stuff you could do with Franchise in Madden 04 & 05 and in 2K5 with the pre, half & postgame shows. EA needs to do a better job at making a person want the game.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: What about setting a price point for Madden 2010?

I don't mind $60 and would pay more if the quality of the merited it. I look at it this way:

60$ / 12 months=5$ a month. i easily get $5 a month in enjoyment from Madden.

60$ / aprox 1500 online games in '10(based on the number I played on orig XBOX when they had Online Franchises via EA Lockers) = .04 cents per game. I doubt I have ever played a game of Madden and walked away feeling like .04 would've been a total rip.

Now, these numbers were drastically different for 09. I only played about 300 games online and all but stopped playing Madden weeks ago. Either way, if your a year round Maddenite like me, then the 60$ invested can be easily worth it if the game is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 07-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
I don't mind $60 and would pay more if the quality of the merited it. I look at it this way:

60$ / 12 months=5$ a month. i easily get $5 a month in enjoyment from Madden.

60$ / aprox 1500 online games in '10(based on the number I played on orig XBOX when they had Online Franchises via EA Lockers) = .04 cents per game. I doubt I have ever played a game of Madden and walked away feeling like .04 would've been a total rip.

Now, these numbers were drastically different for 09. I only played about 300 games online and all but stopped playing Madden weeks ago. Either way, if your a year round Maddenite like me, then the 60$ invested can be easily worth it if the game is good.
I like your amortization philosophy on the enjoyment of Madden. To each its own, right? I look at it as a lump sum purchase, which is why I feel more comfortable parting ways with $40 as opposed to $65. Are you like this with every Madden that comes out? At least you're confident and accepting of your purchase as opposed to some who blames the whole world for wasting $65.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #15
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: What about setting a price point for Madden 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
I like your amortization philosophy on the enjoyment of Madden. To each its own, right? I look at it as a lump sum purchase, which is why I feel more comfortable parting ways with $40 as opposed to $65. Are you like this with every Madden that comes out? At least you're confident and accepting of your purchase as opposed to some who blames the whole world for wasting $65.
Madden is the only game I buy new and the only one that I play year round. Im an exclusive online player(that could change if '10 franchise is really good and not just repetitive) and so Online Franchise is the feature that means the most to me. I feel confident that I'll play this game thru next August because I usually do anyways and it seems like some nice improvements have been made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #16
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piderman
Metal Gear Solid>Grand Theft Autp

Just an opinion
Negative, Ghostrider.

I can still play GTA to this day. For example, I can just decide I'm gonna take a taxi and ride around the city and look out the window. Then, maybe I'll call Dwaynes two friends and have them shoot up anyone that messes with me. Or, maybe I'll just get a car and drive around, obeying all the laws, light, and stopping every 5 miins to snipe someone from 300 yds away.

The possibilities are endless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »