Home

Confirmed no progressive lighting in Madden!!!

This is a discussion on Confirmed no progressive lighting in Madden!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #41
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Confirmed no progressive lighting in Madden!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I'm still trying to figure out what NFL start time would warrant starting the game during sunset.

I mean if there were 6:00 kickoffs then fine, but you got 1:00, 4:00, and 8:30 kickoffs. Maybe a Monday Night game on the west coast, but that's about it.
That's what I was saying.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #42

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
Random screenshots from a website doesn't really prove the case of the lighting changing quarter to quarter.
they were taken from the same video.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #43
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
they were taken from the same video.

Yeah, check it out:

Super shenanigans if it's actually two different games edited into one video.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #44
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

All i care about is if a game starts at dusk with the sun setting just over the stadium that it will not be there come the 3rd quarter!! Be nice if it was dusk up until half time and then when the teams return it is dark, just like NCAA does. I mean it can't be to hard to have the lighting change once in a game.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #45
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah I figured that they wouldn't have this in. What I do want and still hoping for though is that the lighting changes from day to sunset or sunset to night after halftime like the maddens last gen. But even if they don't have that... I would be fine without it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #46
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I do believe this is something that can be addressed in a patch. Last year we complained about no field degradation and that was included in a patch so why can't this be as well.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:33 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausar72
You guys are arguing over semantics...

The bottom line for me is whether or not the light changes AT ALL from kicj-off until the end of the game.

Personally, I don't need the light to simulate second by second in real time. I would just like to see it update from one point in the game to another. It can be at the quarter, half or whatever, just so by the end of the game the light is different or gone...

Unfortunately (though I didn't listen to the podcast) I think Phil might mean that the lighting does NOT change at all throughout the game.

Which would SUCK!

All I want is the lighting to change once or twice during the course of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I'm ok with it. How many games really start during the day and end at night? A 12 pm kick off is 4 pm and it's still light out. The only change in lighting would be a 4 pm start and finish around 7 or so during the winter days. To me this is fine. No deal breaker and I will go about my day.

Yeah, but every week at least 3 or 4 games start out at about 4-4:15. Plus, every Sunday night or Monday night game on the western half of the country will start out at sunset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I'm still trying to figure out what NFL start time would warrant starting the game during sunset.

I mean if there were 6:00 kickoffs then fine, but you got 1:00, 4:00, and 8:30 kickoffs. Maybe a Monday Night game on the west coast, but that's about it.
4 PM kickoffs will end at sunset. Sunset kickoffs will end at night. This would include west coast games, as you said, but also Super Bowls. They almost always start out just at the edge between dusk and night. The pregame warmups are usually at dusk, as are the player introductions. Then the game is played mostly at night, although again, in places like Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, Arizona, etc, it will start at dusk.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #48

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I do believe this is something that can be addressed in a patch. Last year we complained about no field degradation and that was included in a patch so why can't this be as well.
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that was already written into the game and for some reason it wasn't triggering. The patch fixed whatever was causing that error, so it wasn't like it was added through a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »