Home

Bad player morphing in Madden 10 demo

This is a discussion on Bad player morphing in Madden 10 demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #17
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Bad player morphing in Madden 10 demo

I am just throwing this out there. Think about how hard it must be to animate 22 players and make them do something close to what we know as football. I think I can look past a couple morphing issues, considering they are in EVERY SPORTS GAME EVER!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:36 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I am just throwing this out there. Think about how hard it must be to animate 22 players and make them do something close to what we know as football. I think I can look past a couple morphing issues, considering they are in EVERY SPORTS GAME EVER!!!
Yeah I agree. I don't understand how people can get all bent out of shape. It is a video game and it is going to do something that aren't right. But the key is does it do it all the time or just some of the time. That is all we can ask for!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Good to see a voice of reason for a change. I just don't see why this kind of stuff bothers people. This is what happens in video games. Learn to live with it. It's really not a big deal.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
Good to see a voice of reason for a change. I just don't see why this kind of stuff bothers people. This is what happens in video games. Learn to live with it. It's really not a big deal.

even without morphing madden doesnt simulate football. it needs to do that then people wouldnt even mind the morph but EA football has the WORSE MORPHING ISSUE ON NEXT GEN SPORTS GAME so they have alot of work to do.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:21 AM   #21
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

like apex says....moooorpppppphhhhhhhh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 04:36 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Granted, it is very difficult for the EA developers who are underpaid, overworked and under a time schedule each year to get things done, and who have to outdo themselves each year, and all while they have instant replay in the game so that every little thing they do wrong can be looked at over and over again in slow motion and posted up on YouTube for people to criticize. They have a very difficult job each year to do and people are never satisfied. And every sports game ever probably has had their issues with morphing to one extent or another. I agree totally. However, their desire and effort in trying to create the perfect Madden is not in question here.

Look, if it just happens to the refs, or off the field of play, so what? And even if I had only seen these two videos, I might not have posted the links. But I also had one very bad thing similar to what's in the videos happen to me in only my second game with the Gamestop demo. On the final play of the game, behind by 4 points, my 5 yard pass from Warner went straight through my uncovered receiver in the end zone for an incomplete pass. He did not catch it, he did not drop it. It instead went straight through his hands and his stomach and his butt, and ended up being an incomplete pass which landed behind him, with his hands still frozen in the ready position to catch the ball. I noticed this in real time without having to look at the instant replay. The instant replay only made it look worse in slow motion.

As it stands, I certainly wouldn't enter into any money tournaments right after Madden 10 is released for this reason. I would be monitoring YouTube for weeks after its release before putting any of my money on the line. Imagine having money on the game and on the final play of the game the ball goes through your receiver, or your user-controlled Polamalu goes through Wells instead of tackling him and you lose because of that single "occasional morphing issue" play that just happened to pop up at the wrong time?

I hope the Gamestop demo is an early build and that they have had time to work on this. But if the Gamestop demo is instead a later build, then I am a bit concerned and I feel obligated to bring this issue up precisely because the game is so improved this year. I would hate to see some unfixed occasional morphing issue which might pop up at precisely the wrong time, ruin what is otherwise a great game and what I think most people agree has been a vast improvement over Madden 09.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:54 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 33

MLB 2k9 doesn't even have collision detection between players on PC.....

Its a real eyesore on first base...
Old 07-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #24
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
The thing is I am sure real players would love to be able to do that. So what happens when we find a way to morph in real life. Then you will be all wanting this back in the game. So I say keep it, just in case.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »