Home

Bad player morphing in Madden 10 demo

This is a discussion on Bad player morphing in Madden 10 demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Bad player morphing in Madden 10 demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
But this happenends in every sports game(except FNR4) so why is Madden different?

Should madden have a engine like FNR4? Yes it should but it doesnt make Madden 10 unrealistic for not having it...if so then every game thats not physic base is unrealistic...
I don't think you understand what I mean. I agree clipping happens in every sports game but the difference is that in Madden 10 it is the worst I have ever seen that completely jack up a game. Let me break this down so maybe you can see where I am coming from. In most other sports game when you see clipping there is the occassional hand to hand clipping, hand through ball clipping etc as the players morph since I understand it isn't physic based so I cut some slack

But in Madden 10 this isn't clipping, it is 'ghosting' because players go through other players or the ball go through parts of the body I haven't seen in other games and it is worst in Madden 10 than in other titles BEFORE it which makes it even worst. The crux of the matter is I have never seen morphing to this extent where the players become completely ghostly and another player goes through that player completely. And when I say completely I'm talking pinky, blinky,inky and clyde. I have never witness complete ghosting in any Fight Night, previous football(Madden(last gen) or 2K), or basketball. I'm not saying that it has never happen in another game but never to me. And the problem usually occur during a pro-tak moment or suction blocking when 2 players get engaged.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #34
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolfanDave
I don't think you understand what I mean. I agree clipping happens in every sports game but the difference is that in Madden 10 it is the worst I have ever seen that completely jack up a game. Let me break this down so maybe you can see where I am coming from. In most other sports game when you see clipping there is the occassional hand to hand clipping, hand through ball clipping etc as the players morph since I understand it isn't physic based so I cut some slack

But in Madden 10 this isn't clipping, it is 'ghosting' because players go through other players or the ball go through parts of the body I haven't seen in other games and it is worst in Madden 10 than in other titles BEFORE it which makes it even worst. The crux of the matter is I have never seen morphing to this extent where the players become completely ghostly and another player goes through that player completely. And when I say completely I'm talking pinky, blinky,inky and clyde. I have never witness complete ghosting in any Fight Night, previous football(Madden(last gen) or 2K), or basketball. I'm not saying that it has never happen in another game but never to me. And the problem usually occur during a pro-tak moment or suction blocking when 2 players get engaged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbahmR7nq18

Also with my time with the demo, I havent seen any player morphing....

Seen the ball morph thru a player's arm(IN SLOW MOTION REPLAY) when he dropped the ball but there was contact...

Last edited by Jukeman; 07-30-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 8

this is allowed in EA sports games

and going sells millions within a hour of release. not because of gameplay, only because of the NFL license(nothing else)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

You guys act like this stuff happens every play. i have yet to come across any problems
Old 07-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
this is allowed in EA sports games

and going sells millions within a hour of release. not because of gameplay, only because of the NFL license(nothing else)
Refs were just added this year. Also, this choice although is not "sim" is the better choice right now. How mad would you be if you hit the ref when the ball was snapped, fell down and the other team completed the pass over the middle to win the game?

― Plato
Old 07-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 8

now when madden can get to this level of quality to where THE HELMET is respected then thats when EA has truly stepped there game up

Old 07-30-2009, 05:27 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

lmao.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I love 2k and all. But you are an obvious fanboy. 2k has its problems and so does Madden. The only reason 2k is seen as the better game is because they have momentum and presentation. Madden 10 has presentation and some momentum and has fixed a lot of problems and doesn't have all the glaring ones like 2k games.

In that video you just posted the ball hits him in the head, then he reaches down for the ball. No one will ever do that in real life. As a matter of fact at football practice the other day I ran a route and the coach through the ball to me, the corner jumped it and tipped the ball causing me to misjudge it and it hit me in the head. I didn't continue to try and grab it where it would have gone. Instead, I quickly looked for the ball and ended up making a diving catch. If I would have done what happens in 2k I would have been yelled at for trying to catch virtually nothing.

Other problems are in the 2k games too. Too easy to scramble in those games has always been one. That was slightly fixed in 2k8, but it still exists. Another major problem is CB behavior. Sometimes the CBs in both 2k8 and 2k6 will keep backpedaling until the WR is 5 yards ahead of them, by then the ball is usually over their heads. Or they will be in prefect position and then run in a circle for no apparent reason and either get called for PA or just end up letting the WR make an easy catch.

The 2k games are great, but you have to drop it. With Ian and co. making as huge a stride as they did this year, Madden 10 looks like it will put 2k5 down for most people like myself. The presentation is finally better and has some cooler things then 2k had. And the gameplay is getting up there and some things are better already.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »