Home

Bad player morphing in Madden 10 demo

This is a discussion on Bad player morphing in Madden 10 demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Bad player morphing in Madden 10 demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Rumor=/=Fact

Also I just stated my view about presentation in a post right above this. And I feel the same for you. Theres no way 2k5 has better presentation because Madden 10 basically has what 2k5 has, and then it has more during the game. Can you please tell me what 2k5 had that 10 does not?

Also, Maddens gameplay has gotten very better this year. You can't really turn on a dime like you can in 06,07,08, and 09. Heck even in 2k5 I find myself turning while sprinting 90 degrees and never planting my foot. I hardly see a plant in 2k5 or2k8. I can record myself playing and prove it to you too.

Also, I don't get the part about not fixing the AI. What is their to fix about the ref and player hitting each other? It happens in real life, the only difference is in real life is both people stumble or fall. The reason they don't s because Ian and crew played it safe and decided this year the ref would stumble, but the player would not because they didn't know how the fans would react.
the only thing i say that good in madden 10 based off the demo is passing. everything else is suspect. about the presentation madden 10 does look great and has surpass 2k5 but 2k5 still owns the halftime show, coin toss, and post game show im sure also. thats aspect of madden 10 is lacking because of no commentary during the highlight and stats showing.

cant really turn on a dime huh? explain this cause i never seen this in 2k8

for the bold statement: WILL MADDEN LOSE SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT MONEY madden 10 if ref was interactive?
Old 07-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbahmR7nq18

Also with my time with the demo, I havent seen any player morphing....

Seen the ball morph thru a player's arm(IN SLOW MOTION REPLAY) when he dropped the ball but there was contact...
Ok, hopefully you will also get the final version that you don't see ghosting frequently since you have a different experience with your demo than me .Again I am only stating what I see in Madden 10 versus what I didn't see in other games so just like you haven't seen ghosting in Madden 10 alot while I have and you have seen it in other sport games while I haven't means you should be fine when Madden drops as for me I will wait until they fix the GWP-T(Ghosting while pro-tak).
Old 07-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 25

I could care less. It has ALWAYS been there and i just look past it. Its the engine itself. Doesnt hurt gameplay so.....
Old 07-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I could care less. It has ALWAYS been there and i just look past it. Its the engine itself. Doesnt hurt gameplay so.....
thats the problem right there. too many look past it and let EA do what they want. i care how my 60 dollars are being spend on and if my 60 is being funded for ghost ref, bad physics, broken pro-tak, nano, RC, broken man coverage, broken run game(all of this can be found on OS with video proof BTW) THEN ill pass and let someone else treat my 60 bucks with a little more respect
Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 7

the Mid Air swat/tackle is the worst animation IMO. just looks so inorganic
NHL- Blackhawks
Soccer- Eh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #62
Rookie

Old 07-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
The reason refs aren't respected is because this was their 1st year in Madden next-gen and the team voted that they would animate the refs falling down, but the player wouldn't be punished for what could be the AI's mistake and not always the players.

Also, I don't get the part about not fixing the AI. What is there to fix about the ref and player hitting each other? It happens in real life, the only difference is in real life is both people stumble or fall. The reason they don't is because Ian and crew played it safe and decided this year the ref would stumble, but the player would not because they didn't know how the fans would react.
Well, I'm satisfied with the answer on the refs even if others here are not. I'm sure you would get just as many people complaining if they introduced the refs only to have them get in the way of the play too many times. The decision they made here is the right one I feel.

However, that doesn't address the ball going through the receiver, the tackler going through Wells, and Ben morphing backwards through Willie Parker to block for him, all with no refs around. And again, without an answer from someone "in the know" I guess I can only hope the demos were early builds. Saying Ian and crew "played it safe" doesn't quite cut it for those morphs.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #64
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Yea, i kind of just said facts to throw it out there. But you haven't seen the videos at IGN that show the halftime show and weekly recap have you? Fran Charles introduces himself then they shows stats from other games which 2k5 did not and they comment on the other games too They Alex also comments on the plays now too.

As far as the weekly recap show goes. Its all opinion which is better. I think they both have their pros and their cons.

I still don't see how 2k5 has better presentation. 10's is like Fox and has cut scenes that look like they were taken from 2k5 then it has the little fun facts. It also has cut scenes 2k did not. I feel it has 2k5 presentation and then has its own presentation added to it.

I don't see how thats not better.
I have seen the Madden halftime vidz. That's how I was able to comment on them and they are exactly as I said. Half assed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »