Home

Who else will try to rebuild the Lions?

This is a discussion on Who else will try to rebuild the Lions? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17
Who else will try to rebuild the Lions?

I love a challenge. As such, first thing I do in M10 is restoring the Lions franchise. Wondering who else will be doing the same. Roster is a mess, and I've been trying to figure out what in the world I'm going to do with it. Curious to see what you guys will be doing.

QBs-Kind of stuck with Stafford at this point (unless you can start a franchise before the draft a la HC09). Stanton is kind of a weak 3rd string, so I'll look to find another QB in the later rounds and groom him to eventually be my backup when Daunte retires. Speaking of Dante, he'll probably be my day 1 starter until he effs up.

HBs-Smith is pretty nice. He is more of an agile back and I prefer power backs, but I'm pretty much stuck here. Since my roster is in shambles, I'll really have to wait to mess around with this position. Morris is a suitable backup.

FBs-Terrelle Smith is a good fit for my offense. He's got 78 rblk, but his 61 injury rating makes me think I might need to find a better backup. I'll probably pick up a free agent, depending on whats around.

WRs-Calivin is a freak and I'll lock him down for my #1 target for the next 7-10 years. I love rookie Derrick Williams in the slot, and Antonio Bryant is a solid #2. For the time being, I'm happy with my recievers. I'll probably dish Curry for a low round draft pick, or package him to bolster my lines.

TEs-Pettigrew is a great young prospect. Fitzsimmons is a solid #2, but I'd like to pick up an H-Back who can get downfield in the TE spot and also provide me with some depth and a recieving option at FB.\

OL-Cherilus and Peterman will lock down the right side of my line for a while, while my center Raiola will be productive for a few more years. The left side is in need of serious attention, and ideally I'd like to get a LT in the first round of next years draft. LG will be adressed in the 3rd/4th round or in free agency.

DL-The DLine is a complete mess, particularly at DT. Grady Jackson and Chuck Darby are well into their 30s, and not too stellar to begin with. This will be a real area of concern for me in the first couple of years. If I can't find a good LT prospect, I'll go DT in the first round. I need to protect my excellent LBs. As far as DEs are concerned, Cliff Avril shows some promise as a pass rusher. Dewayne White is decent, and I'll probably stick him in at LE. Need to get some depth here, too. But DT and LT are my main concerns.

LBs-LOVE my linebackers: Peterson, Sims, and Foote. I'll draft another OLB and groom him to be Petersons replacement, while providing depth for me at the same time. I'd like to trade for Zach Deossie if possible. Great special teamer.

CBs-Outside of Phillip Buchanon, I'm really weak at this position. I'd like to take care of my lines first, but if the right CB is available I'll snag him. Anthony Henry is more of a Tampa2 corner, and thats not my style. King will be decent at nickel, but I'll try to find someone a bit quicker to replace him.

FS-Delmas will be a fixture here for years. Real excited about watching him develop. Alexander is a decent backup for the time being. Won't do much here.

SS-Bullocks is a liablity here at 70 overall, but like I said I've got greater concerns. After DT, LT, and CB is adressed, I'll probably upgrade the SS position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Who else will try to rebuild the Lions?

Not me...I run with my boys....The Eagles all day! If it's any consolation, I run with them regardless of their records. So the day they go 0-16 (Which will never happen) I'll still mess with them.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I will eventually, but it will not be the first franchise i start. My first franchise will be with the Giants, then i will probably start one with the Jets. I will play both of those for awhile, then i will move onto the Lions which will require a lot of work.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Wait is curry still on the lions roster. I know he was traded not long ago.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

me, but I'll do so in thee offseason of the next year, give players a chance, I know how bad it looks but I'd like to run through the first season pretty true, maybe a trade or two during the season, if I do anything off the wall it'd be trading Stafford for Leftwich(or Pennington), but that's just a personal preference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Schreck11's Arena

OVR: 16

I will start a my Vikings Franchise first. Then later on during the real regular season sometime when Im through one season with the Vikings. I may consider starting one with the Lions, after reading your post it sounds like the Lions would be fun to rebuilt.
Minnesota Gophers
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 07-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
I love a challenge. As such, first thing I do in M10 is restoring the Lions franchise. Wondering who else will be doing the same. Roster is a mess, and I've been trying to figure out what in the world I'm going to do with it. Curious to see what you guys will be doing.

QBs-Kind of stuck with Stafford at this point (unless you can start a franchise before the draft a la HC09). Stanton is kind of a weak 3rd string, so I'll look to find another QB in the later rounds and groom him to eventually be my backup when Daunte retires. Speaking of Dante, he'll probably be my day 1 starter until he effs up.

HBs-Smith is pretty nice. He is more of an agile back and I prefer power backs, but I'm pretty much stuck here. Since my roster is in shambles, I'll really have to wait to mess around with this position. Morris is a suitable backup.

FBs-Terrelle Smith is a good fit for my offense. He's got 78 rblk, but his 61 injury rating makes me think I might need to find a better backup. I'll probably pick up a free agent, depending on whats around.

WRs-Calivin is a freak and I'll lock him down for my #1 target for the next 7-10 years. I love rookie Derrick Williams in the slot, and Antonio Bryant is a solid #2. For the time being, I'm happy with my recievers. I'll probably dish Curry for a low round draft pick, or package him to bolster my lines.

TEs-Pettigrew is a great young prospect. Fitzsimmons is a solid #2, but I'd like to pick up an H-Back who can get downfield in the TE spot and also provide me with some depth and a recieving option at FB.\

OL-Cherilus and Peterman will lock down the right side of my line for a while, while my center Raiola will be productive for a few more years. The left side is in need of serious attention, and ideally I'd like to get a LT in the first round of next years draft. LG will be adressed in the 3rd/4th round or in free agency.

DL-The DLine is a complete mess, particularly at DT. Grady Jackson and Chuck Darby are well into their 30s, and not too stellar to begin with. This will be a real area of concern for me in the first couple of years. If I can't find a good LT prospect, I'll go DT in the first round. I need to protect my excellent LBs. As far as DEs are concerned, Cliff Avril shows some promise as a pass rusher. Dewayne White is decent, and I'll probably stick him in at LE. Need to get some depth here, too. But DT and LT are my main concerns.

LBs-LOVE my linebackers: Peterson, Sims, and Foote. I'll draft another OLB and groom him to be Petersons replacement, while providing depth for me at the same time. I'd like to trade for Zach Deossie if possible. Great special teamer.

CBs-Outside of Phillip Buchanon, I'm really weak at this position. I'd like to take care of my lines first, but if the right CB is available I'll snag him. Anthony Henry is more of a Tampa2 corner, and thats not my style. King will be decent at nickel, but I'll try to find someone a bit quicker to replace him.

FS-Delmas will be a fixture here for years. Real excited about watching him develop. Alexander is a decent backup for the time being. Won't do much here.

SS-Bullocks is a liablity here at 70 overall, but like I said I've got greater concerns. After DT, LT, and CB is adressed, I'll probably upgrade the SS position.
You basically hit every single point that I want to do and feel the exact same way I do about the current talent on the team. I think the weakest part is going to be the defensive line, besides Cliff Avril at RE, and secondary other than FS. There are a few offensive line holes.

Here is where we start differing. I'm going to start Stafford as he is supposed to be the future so might as well start developing him now. I'm actually going to try to use Manny Ramirez as the replacement LG so then all we'd need is a LT. I'm going to try to draft a decent prospect of LG just in case as well. As for FB, it looks like Jon Bradley is just as capable as well so perhaps he may be worth developing as your replacement. I really don't want to have players who are going into their 10th season just to keep things fresh but that's me. But so far, everything I am on par with you.

Last edited by AsianChexMix; 07-29-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:19 PM   #8
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

I feel sorry for Lions fans, I really do but I grew up right outside of Chicago and have been a Bears fan all my life so I say...SUFFER lol. They've been an annual +1 or 2 in the win column for years now and it's going to stay that way if I have anything to do about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »