Home

Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
Rookie

CoupleOfFew1's Arena

OVR: 7
Small Clock Issue

Discovered an issue where I completed a pass with just seconds left in the fourth. I wanted to call a timeout but it went to the chain gang cut scene to measure the first down. I got the first but about 2 seconds ran off the clock before I was able to call timeout and I was mashing the hell out of it. Hopefully this can be addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Small Clock Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupleOfFew1
Discovered an issue where I completed a pass with just seconds left in the fourth. I wanted to call a timeout but it went to the chain gang cut scene to measure the first down. I got the first but about 2 seconds ran off the clock before I was able to call timeout and I was mashing the hell out of it. Hopefully this can be addressed.
I am going to be toning down Holding penalties this year. I can't tell you how many times I have made a FG as time expires during the 2nd or 4th QTR only to have it called back due to holding, then that's it. End of the half/game. Not really "on-topic" per se, but a relevant annoyance either way lol
Old 07-30-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupleOfFew1
That sucks
Old 07-30-2009, 01:55 AM   #4
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
I am going to be toning down Holding penalties this year. I can't tell you how many times I have made a FG as time expires during the 2nd or 4th QTR only to have it called back due to holding, then that's it. End of the half/game. Not really "on-topic" per se, but a relevant annoyance either way lol
In real life, isn't it true that a game cannot end on a penalty? Is this a bug then?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:59 AM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
In real life, isn't it true that a game cannot end on a penalty? Is this a bug then?
No, they have it correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 02:00 AM   #6
Pro

Pretty sure the only non-declined penalty that can end a game is a false start. Learned that the hard way during the Steelers-Falcons game a couple years ago. The Steelers were lining up to spike the ball and kick a game winning FG, but were called for the false start which ran off 10 seconds, sent it to OT, Falcons got the ball first and scored.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:18 AM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Pretty sure the only non-declined penalty that can end a game is a false start. Learned that the hard way during the Steelers-Falcons game a couple years ago. The Steelers were lining up to spike the ball and kick a game winning FG, but were called for the false start which ran off 10 seconds, sent it to OT, Falcons got the ball first and scored.
Any offensive penalty results in a 10 second run-off.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:33 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Any offensive penalty results in a 10 second run-off.
I'm not saying the penalties are a bug or anything, just that the ratio of Holding penalties on FGs seems to be way too high and happens on way too many FG attempts. I'd say it seems about 40/60, for me at least. Maybe even a little more frequent than that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »