Home

To All who have played the Demo

This is a discussion on To All who have played the Demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: To All who have played the Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamertom
I agree. I use to drop back 15 to 20 yards. Now I can stand there for a few seconds and look at my receivers before throwing a pass.

I picked up a habit from Ap2K where I dont even drop my QB back, I concentrate on scanning the field. I can do this also in the Madden demo but SOMETIMES that dreaded AI quirk happens. Where the OT for some reason just lets the DE go right by him untouched. I know when its happened without even loooking at the replay because I usually am sacked like 2 seconds after the snap.

Does anyone know what causes that ?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I picked up a habit from Ap2K where I dont even drop my QB back, I concentrate on scanning the field. I can do this also in the Madden demo but SOMETIMES that dreaded AI quirk happens. Where the OT for some reason just lets the DE go right by him untouched. I know when its happened without even loooking at the replay because I usually am sacked like 2 seconds after the snap.

Does anyone know what causes that ?
I've had that happen too -- QB will be sacked even on running plays, or in a shotgun about the same time the ball reaches his hands. It annoys me, but hey, that stuff occasionally happens in real football too... It just looks better in real football because the OT tries and fails rather than standing there like an idiot. As long as it's not a terribly frequent occurance, I'm okay with it. :-)

I avoid the sprint button early in run plays -- it helps a lot, particularly on outside runs. It makes the difference between the blockers totally whiffing and the blockers blocking.

Have to use the right-stick rather than bumpers when playing a D-lineman.
Not a problem, just takes adjustment. I will say that occasionally it's annoying because you're using the right stick to break out of a block and end up making a stupid lunge for the QB (the game considered you broken out of the block so thought you were using it as a hit stick)

With the slowed-down play, I find I can use the right-stick for jukes and whatnot much more effectively... That's probably a comment on my lack of skill though.

Extremely deep passes are incredibly tough relative to previous years. Long passes (like 20 yards) are still quite makeable if your WR has a step on the DB. I really like the change.

Thus far, I've had far fewer disastrous outside run plays. I used to get caught 5-6 yards behind the LOS -- now I can usually get to the LOS even if the play is busted.

Draw plays still suck, at least for me.

Last edited by MattieShoes; 07-30-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I know im missing something, but I have searched the PSN for the demo, but can't find it. I know you can get it from Gamestop if you reserve it but I don't want to do that. When will the PS3 demo come out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 7

in Madden 09 i could pass the ball the entire game and not run one time and win most of the time. in madden 10 its hard for me to even complete 50% of my passes. i definitly have to mix it up now.

on defense in madden 09 i played on the dline 99% of the time (well ive always played on the line in every madden) this is the first madden where i have to play different positions on the field because you cant get that much pressure with your d-ends on this game, and the defensive assist button makes it much easier to play different positions on D. i am really liking it!

Last edited by big_larry; 07-30-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm with Tombsong on this.

Drags across the middle used to be money, but now, there is usually a person covering them.

Need to look for other options.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #14
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

I love the QBing in this game. It makes the game for me. I am having to really try to read coverages in this game more than ever cause you just can't sling the ball around carelessly without one coming back. The deep ball is perfect IMO. You really have to pick your spots and if there is a saftey deep you are pretty much wasting your time throwing it out there.

I love that fact that you can't just take off with the QB. I have ran a couple time with Ben but with Warner there is no where to go. You better know where your are going with the ball.

So the biggest change for me is playing the QB position alot more conservatively and making good reads and decisions. Never really had to do that before.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:57 AM   #15
Rookie

Who Dey15's Arena

OVR: 5

I ran a reverse with Breaston, and for the first time in madden history i actually GAINED yards (40!!!).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #16
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
So the biggest change for me is playing the QB position alot more conservatively and making good reads and decisions. Never really had to do that before.
Well said, and I agree. It lead to some frustrations in the beginning b/c I felt the CPU defense was getting cheap INTs. But I've adapted, stopped going deep so much, and it's worked well. I'll probably be bumping down the accuracy slider for both me and the CPU once I get this game though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »