Home

Question regarding the PlayStation 2 version

This is a discussion on Question regarding the PlayStation 2 version within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Question regarding the PlayStation 2 version

Excluding the obvious upgrade in visuals, are there any differences between the PS2 version and the 360/PS3/Wii versions?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 01:55 AM   #2
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Question regarding the PlayStation 2 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Excluding the obvious upgrade in visuals, are there any differences between the PS2 version and the 360/PS3/Wii versions?

Thanks.
We are all hoping that Madden 10 on the Xbox 360/PS3 finally beats its predecessor. I can't come up with too many differences other than the advanced options on defense that will probably be in the PS2 versions, but the controls are somewhat different, most notably the sprint button. As far as the Wii version goes, it is catered toward the casual style gamers rather than the hardcore gamers as on the Xbox 360/PS3/PS2. The graphics are notably different and the Wii version is built specifically for family play.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:25 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
We are all hoping that Madden 10 on the Xbox 360/PS3 finally beats its predecessor. I can't come up with too many differences other than the advanced options on defense that will probably be in the PS2 versions, but the controls are somewhat different, most notably the sprint button. As far as the Wii version goes, it is catered toward the casual style gamers rather than the hardcore gamers as on the Xbox 360/PS3/PS2. The graphics are notably different and the Wii version is built specifically for family play.
Cool, thanks Matt.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:51 AM   #4
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Thanks.
Im pretty sure that Pro-Tac (new gang tackling system) is a 360 PS3 exclusive too.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:38 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

Thanks.
Im sure the ps2 version will not have the super sexy presentation that the 360/ps3 versions have neither...to me thats a HUGE factor as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 02:42 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
Im pretty sure that Pro-Tac (new gang tackling system) is a 360 PS3 exclusive too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Im sure the ps2 version will not have the super sexy presentation that the 360/ps3 versions have neither...to me thats a HUGE factor as well
Can anyone verify either??? Thanks.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:49 AM   #7
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Can anyone verify either??? Thanks.
Many of us will have Madden'10 a few days prior to it's official release. I'm still debating, but at this point I will be buyin the PS2 version over the 360 version.

When I get the game, I will post impressions that should answer your questions definitively.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:19 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ummm the gameplay is actually fun. The players actually gradually turn instead of robotic cheeziness. It uses a different engine and shockingly its better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »