Home

Problems with the PS3 Demo

This is a discussion on Problems with the PS3 Demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Problems with the PS3 Demo

I downloaded both demos for the PS3 and i noticed an issue with the lower bar that runs across the bottom of the screen. Mine appears to be too close to the bottom of the screen, on the Super Bowl rematch demo the "super bowl" banner was nearly touching the bottom of my screen. I thought this was odd and compared to this to footage of other demos and realized this was a problem on mine only. I checked all my TV settings, checked the HDMI cord, and checked the PS3 settings. Everything else seemed to be fine about the demo, just the lower bar is oversized and too close to the bottom. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this, or anyone run into the same problem??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Problems with the PS3 Demo

no i havent had that happen to me,what are you settings on your ps3?make sure it's set to 720p,the game is made for 720p
Old 07-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #3
Rookie

I have it set to automatic so the resolution shouldn't play a factor in the placement of the score bar. Thanks though! Anyone else got an idea why, quite frankly the problem has me worried..
Old 07-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigD_916
I have it set to automatic so the resolution shouldn't play a factor in the placement of the score bar. Thanks though! Anyone else got an idea why, quite frankly the problem has me worried..
You be surprised for some games you have to deactivate other resolutions in order for the game to take a certain resolution.

MLB the show is a prime example. In order to get 1080p with that game you must deactivate 720p, if you don't it will play at 720p even if you have your settings to go as high as 1080p, may be for the madden demo you need to have 720p as the only resolution.

It doesn't hurt to try.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah ill try it for sure. The game looks and plays amazing the resolution looks fine too it says it's playing in 720p it's just the darn score bar that's too large and too near the bottom of the screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Man i tried that also and still no results. Is it possible that this problem is only because its a demo and downloaded over the internet. Ive never had this type of problem before with any other games I have.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I thought this year it was gonna be in 1080i?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm pretty sure on the final game they will give you the option of 720p and 1080i.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »