Home

Anyone Else Worried? (About Lack of Pass Rush)

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Worried? (About Lack of Pass Rush) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Anyone Else Worried? (About Lack of Pass Rush)

Yea and like a previous poster said in passt maddens and this one even if you do get a hint of pressure the CPU qb always gets it off no matter what.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #26
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well got a few sacks out of all the dozens games I have played on the demo so far. But thoses sacks came from the guy I controlled. But it seems that the other front for guys the AI control for you don't seem to be getting any pass rush what so ever. I want to see more push from the AI controlled guys up front on my side of the D. I agree with this guy who made this topic. There is a lack of pass rush for getting sacks. The AI controlled guys on my defense front four should be getting pressure like I am trying to do. I should not have to take control of a guy just to get some kind of pass rush. That seems all to unfair.
This is exactly what I'm seeing. While playing as someone on DL, I can get pressure/sacks, but my AI controlled teammates have trouble unless I flush the QB in their direction. It sucks because I also like to play as FS, but when I do that, the pressure/sacks from my AI controlled front four are few and far between. I really hope the sliders are effective.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

well, the pass rush update wasnt included in the demo, right?

look at the ravens-bills updated rush vids and you will see that in the final version of the game, there should be enough pressure, especially ngata and suggs are dominating in that vid. So Im not really worried.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:13 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapp99
well, the pass rush update wasnt included in the demo, right?

look at the ravens-bills updated rush vids and you will see that in the final version of the game, there should be enough pressure, especially ngata and suggs are dominating in that vid. So Im not really worried.

That would be true, but these new gameplay videos I'm seeing from the supposed final build don't look at all better and I think the guy that wrote the hands on preview for this site said that the lack of pass rush was also a problem he had and he had close to the final build.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:15 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGiani
I just don't see any pressure from the front 4. You see more on the CPU side, but virtually zero on the human side. It's a shame because I really love what Ian and Co. have done to this game (presentation and fluidity of animations), but this is a glaring oversight because the pressure in the pocket to make quick decisions is what football is all about.

I know there is sliders, but from what I heard that didn't really improve the issue with the pass rush in NCAA.

What I'm wondering is if we tweak sliders for the pass rush will it make the ends more aggressive or will it just make the O-Line do stupid things and just let the ends through.

Anyone else worried about this?

no its prob in ur head i hit romo like 4 times in the min demo
Old 07-31-2009, 04:19 PM   #30
Rookie

Axeler's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the Giants/Cowboys demo is perfect as far as pass rushing is concerned. I can get pressure with 4 lineman with the giants, and on the Cowboys, Ware is a beast at getting to the QB. I get pressure even when I control the safety.

I'd say the only problem is the CPU QB refuses to take sacks. It'll try and throw the ball no matter what when hit. Usually it'll throw right to a defender who takes it to the house.

With the Steelers/Cardinal demo the pass rush is very poor. I can sorta understand for the Cardinals, but the Steelers are good at getting pressure. No matter what blitz I call they never seem to get to the CPU fast enough. If you do get to the QB it's usually because of great coverage downfield, and the QB will still throw the ball while being hit to avoid the sack.

I really hope the Giants/Cowboys demo is closer to the real thing.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:22 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

I have been playin the ps3 1min demo and I'm seeing pressure from both sides, almost every pass play.

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 04:52 PM   #32
Rookie

WingWest36's Arena

OVR: 3

Pass Rush has not been a problem for me when playing on the All Pro/Madden difficulties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »