Home

Anyone Else Worried? (About Lack of Pass Rush)

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Worried? (About Lack of Pass Rush) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:57 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Anyone Else Worried? (About Lack of Pass Rush)

i would have to say im not worried about it im just really dissapointed , with all the talk about pocket formation and what not you would think that they would have some sort of O and D line mechanic...i guess we will have to wait and see what next year has to bring us in that department.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:37 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeler
I'd say the only problem is the CPU QB refuses to take sacks. It'll try and throw the ball no matter what when hit. Usually it'll throw right to a defender who takes it to the house.
This is the other half of the problem.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:43 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 13

There's definitely a concern here...

I was on D and Eli sat there in the pocket for what was about 10-15 seconds till he found someone open.

I looked at the replay and turns out that all 3 of my D-linemen were on the ground and one of my LBers... only one LBer kept his feet but he was just getting pushed around by everyone ...

I think some serious tweaking needs to go on in that area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 6

How many threads must be made about the same topic......

For 1 If you just rush 4 you will barely even get close to the QB. The reason why???? Becuz the CPU will auto have 5 lineman to block. Which is 1 more than you have rushers.......Plus the CPU will almost always have another person to block (RB/TE) that gives them 6 blockers to your 4 rushers....Whoever gets through their ma will still have to get through another person.....

Its simple math guys, you wanted sim....well u got sim

easy fixer..... Bring more guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And another reason the CPU gets a better pass rush than you is that the CPU puts their players in better positions......They set overloads to the weak side. They rush James Harrison so that he engages with your FB/RB making it an instant mis match....

My guys get ok heat when im in a dime or nickle and I jus rush my front 4 vs their front 5.....why becuz 2 of my guys won their battles..

Im sorry if Ian makes it so that when you rush 4 guys vs a cpu team that blocks 6 and you can still get good heat I will break the madden game on the spot....Becuz that isnt sim imo
Old 07-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #37
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Nope not at all. I put a good amount of pressure on the CPU with and without blitzing. In fact it caused a few interceptions or under thrown passes. I don't know what people want, 10 sacks a game for every game. I have absolutely no worries about this.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 17

I haven't had any issues with pass rush. I don't bring the house or anything, most of the time it's a simple three man down and one linebacker or corner back blitz. I consistently get around 4 sacks a game (with other multiple hurries) in the 5 minute demo on All-Pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »