Home

Accelerated clock help

This is a discussion on Accelerated clock help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 11:19 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Accelerated clock help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
You can choose between 15 20 and 25 seconds.
If anything acc clock should be 5 , and 10 sec........ Is anyone else having a super hard time motioning 1 player. Its crazy its like your trying to beat the buzzer every snap.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
If anything acc clock should be 5 , and 10 sec........ Is anyone else having a super hard time motioning 1 player. Its crazy its like your trying to beat the buzzer every snap.
I am having no problems whatsoever getting my plays called, putting players in motion, and hiking the ball with plenty of time left on the play clock, with one exception- after the kickoff it seems like I am rushing to get the play off (shorter play clock). I think once you get used to the playcalling, and everything else, you will find this to be true as well.

I will be using the accelerated clock with a 25 second rundown. That way, I can play full 15 min quarters....the reason for this is that it will depict an accurate time of possession for each team as well as number of plays ran. This will only help me to get realism in comparison to the NFL.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:35 AM   #19
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
This is what has always confused me about acc clock...It is said to sim the huddle up, get the play called, substitute players.....but I think 15 sec is a bit much to sim this...I play HS ball and I think they dnt start the play clock (24 sec) until the ball is spotted (so around prob 26-29 sec irl) and we have no prob getting subbs in and out and getting the playcall in with over 15 sec left on the clock
The NFL is different than high school and college. Don't ask me why, it just is. Because if it was 10-15 seconds to get subs in and get out of the huddle, then why is there 40 seconds in an NFL playclock? They take longer than just 10-15 seconds on most occasions. Especially Peyton Manning. He doesn't come out of the huddle with 30 seconds on the playclock and just sits there making audibles until 2secs. NFL teams usually get out of the huddle with 20-25 seconds (give or take 5) and that's why Peyton always has 2 seconds to hike the ball. They get to the line with 20 seconds left and he makes his calls and by 2-5 seconds left he hikes it.

Accelerated clock sims the time it takes for subs to come in and out, the play to be called, and the QB to tell the play (NFL plays are very long). The difference between 5 minute quarters with no acc clock and 15 minute quarters with full acc clock is the number of plays you can run. Since the acc clock sims 20 seconds every play, your not picking a play and hiking the ball with 35 seconds on the play clock anymore. The game clock really starts to go by faster than you'd think, but you still get a realistic amount of plays off. 5 minute quarters aren't realistic and you only really get like 30-35 plays for each team. With 15 minute quarters and full acc clock, you get a realistic amount of atleast 55-65 plays for each team.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:42 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by laker8la
I am having no problems whatsoever getting my plays called, putting players in motion, and hiking the ball with plenty of time left on the play clock, with one exception- after the kickoff it seems like I am rushing to get the play off (shorter play clock). I think once you get used to the playcalling, and everything else, you will find this to be true as well.

I will be using the accelerated clock with a 25 second rundown. That way, I can play full 15 min quarters....the reason for this is that it will depict an accurate time of possession for each team as well as number of plays ran. This will only help me to get realism in comparison to the NFL.
well said.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:56 PM   #21
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
The accelerated clock is used to simulate the time it takes in real life to huddle up, get the play called, substitute players etc. In video game football, it can take as little as a few seconds to do all this. It usually takes longer in a real game.
Ah, thanks. Yeah, that does sound good for someone who's quick picking plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 PM   #22
Pro

OG_McNabb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
The NFL is different than high school and college. Don't ask me why, it just is. Because if it was 10-15 seconds to get subs in and get out of the huddle, then why is there 40 seconds in an NFL playclock? They take longer than just 10-15 seconds on most occasions. Especially Peyton Manning. He doesn't come out of the huddle with 30 seconds on the playclock and just sits there making audibles until 2secs. NFL teams usually get out of the huddle with 20-25 seconds (give or take 5) and that's why Peyton always has 2 seconds to hike the ball. They get to the line with 20 seconds left and he makes his calls and by 2-5 seconds left he hikes it.

Accelerated clock sims the time it takes for subs to come in and out, the play to be called, and the QB to tell the play (NFL plays are very long). The difference between 5 minute quarters with no acc clock and 15 minute quarters with full acc clock is the number of plays you can run. Since the acc clock sims 20 seconds every play, your not picking a play and hiking the ball with 35 seconds on the play clock anymore. The game clock really starts to go by faster than you'd think, but you still get a realistic amount of plays off. 5 minute quarters aren't realistic and you only really get like 30-35 plays for each team. With 15 minute quarters and full acc clock, you get a realistic amount of atleast 55-65 plays for each team.
So how long in Real-Time will a 15 minute accelerated clock w/ a 25sec run down last on avg.? .......... I'm curious because I like the idea of having releastic stats but I do not want to be playing one game all day or avg 40 ppg. Thanks for any help.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:59 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_McNabb
So how long in Real-Time will a 15 minute accelerated clock w/ a 25sec run down last on avg.? .......... I'm curious because I like the idea of having releastic stats but I do not want to be playing one game all day or avg 40 ppg. Thanks for any help.
acceleration clock is going to cut down the 15 min quater to like 5-6 minute. it is going to take desame time with accurate state.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:20 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_McNabb

First, thanks for all the feedback to my initial question.

Second, like the poster quoted here, I too would like to know how long it takes to use accelerated clock/25 seconds with 15 minutes quarters. If anyone knows now, great. If not, then yes, I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »