Home

What gives? Still can't get WRs to fight for the ball in the air. WRs still wont jump

This is a discussion on What gives? Still can't get WRs to fight for the ball in the air. WRs still wont jump within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
What gives? Still can't get WRs to fight for the ball in the air. WRs still wont jump

The title says it all. I had Fitzgerald on a few one on ones, and had he jumped, I would've come down with a few. Instead of jumping, he turned totally the wrong way and put his hands out like he was about to catch a low pass instead of a jump ball. I dedicated a few hours trying to get the WRs to jump for balls on fades and whatnot, but still couldn't get it to work. The lack of WRs fighting for balls in 2009 caused me to trade it in a week after I got it. Hopefully the new "DB/WR interaction" just isn't present in the Gamestop demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What gives? Still can't get WRs to fight for the ball in the air. WRs still wont

Haven't had this issue. Sorry man.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-31-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What gives? Still can't get WRs to fight for the ball in the air. WRs still wont

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsNBroncos
The title says it all. I had Fitzgerald on a few one on ones, and had he jumped, I would've come down with a few. Instead of jumping, he turned totally the wrong way and put his hands out like he was about to catch a low pass instead of a jump ball. I dedicated a few hours trying to get the WRs to jump for balls on fades and whatnot, but still couldn't get it to work. The lack of WRs fighting for balls in 2009 caused me to trade it in a week after I got it. Hopefully the new "DB/WR interaction" just isn't present in the Gamestop demo.
I know what hes talking about hes right they dont jump to go try and catch the ball they try to catch it at its lowest point just like in 09, if they cant jump to get it i wonder whats the use for the Jump rating...??? I dont know if its in the demo or not but looking at this video shows some promising that its in the full game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYMhx...d#movie_player

start at 2:40 and you can see vincent jackson jump for the ball.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

THats the reason why i throw some interceptions WR wait for the ball to fall in their lap and not jump for it i hate this in madden....In NCAA they jump more for the ball or atleast for me...but you know there is going to be some complaints about how the superstar wr are making too many big plays
Old 07-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Panthers
THats the reason why i throw some interceptions WR wait for the ball to fall in their lap and not jump for it i hate this in madden....In NCAA they jump more for the ball or atleast for me...but you know there is going to be some complaints about how the superstar wr are making too many big plays

I think in NCAA they do it too much. If they keep running it is a touchdown, but they jump and get hit. This happens to much with cross route over the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhead262
I think in NCAA they do it too much. If they keep running it is a touchdown, but they jump and get hit. This happens to much with cross route over the middle.
yea it is too much though....especially with the big time receivers but hey they are playmakers...they can tone it down though
Old 07-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

This has been a problem with both Madden and NCAA for years. DBs are given an advantage when the ball is in the air; not necessarily for INTs, but for knockdowns. It's disconcerting to see high-rated WRs stay on their feet, or lightly jump, while the DB skies above the WR and stuffs the ball like they're playing in the NBA.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:41 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 6

Has Ian or anyone commented on this issue? If this issue is in the final game, it's a potential deal breaker IMO. Ian and the Madden team have known about this issue for some time now. It should have been fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »