Home

Madden 10 Speed

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Speed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 07:46 AM   #33
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Madden 10 Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Um, no its not. Football is not a fast sport. If you play football you will know this. Watching football is not even fast either. If you were to compare Madden 09's speed to a game in real life you would see a major difference. The demo speed is almost an exact replication of real life speed.
I disagree with this. When I see players on kickoff returns and in the open field in real life, they hit an extra gear. That gear doesn't exist on the "slow" speed.

But like kehlis said, with a speed setting everyone can do what they want.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-01-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I personally really like the speed of the game in the demo version. Coming over from APF, I was used to a generally slower game, and this feels like the right pace for me. It's not like racing ants, which is how recent Maddens have felt, and it's not twitchy. Big ups!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Hatred
I beg to differ. So why do they draft WRs that run a 4.3 and not a 5.1?

I just checked nfl.com's 2008 draft info and out of the top ten WR's the slowest guy ran a 4.68 40 yard dash.

120 feet in under 5 seconds. Thats fast. And he was the slowest. Im sorry friend but you do not know what you are talking about.

Go into practice mode in 09, throw to wr..time how long it takes him to cover 40 yards, then come back here and tell me how "realistic" it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 02:15 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Go into practice mode in 09, throw to wr..time how long it takes him to cover 40 yards, then come back here and tell me how "realistic" it is.
Yeah, I was talking about real football not Madden when i was talking about drafting fast players. And it would take a good WR about 4.3 to 4.5 seconds to get 40 yards.

I thought that was pretty clear. Oh well.

And this whole thread is about whether or not Madden 10 will suck on faster more realistic speeds. God I hope so. Otherwise ill just see what Madden 11 has in store.

Last edited by iTz Hatred; 08-01-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #37
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

you must not know how to use turbo bc in 09 they run 40 yards in like 3 and a half seconds
Old 08-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #38
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
No my friend I'm also not a fan of the speed of the demo, and like you I hope putting it at a faster more realistic speed wont hamper gameplay.

The demo felt like I was playing under water lol.

Cane to say football is not a fast sport is the biggest understatement of the century.
The game of football is extremely fast.

The demo in no way does a good job in replicating the speed of the NFL. Here is a video of Adrian Peterson and the demo of madden 10, and If you think the demo represent the speed of the NFL. Than something is wrong.
You posted a video of AP. Well just watching that video i took two screen shots. @19seconds at nearly full speed AP is at the 40 and runs in a straight line and takes him until @25seconds to reach the endzone. Even with pads on, would the Vikings, or any teams for that matter, drafted All Day if his 40 time was between 5 and 6 seconds? I doubt it. This is perfect example of running 40 yards in the NFl at game speed vs. the combine. The NFL is fast, but the NFL is not Madden 09 fast. Madden isn't too slow, it used to be too fast. There is a difference. If you don't like it, you can always bump it up to fast which is supposed to be 09's gamespeed. If you want to play online though, get used to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AP01.JPG (22.6 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg AP02.JPG (25.9 KB, 69 views)
Old 08-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #39
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I disagree with this. When I see players on kickoff returns and in the open field in real life, they hit an extra gear. That gear doesn't exist on the "slow" speed.
I agree, but I think a big part of that is the running animations. I don't know exactly what it is about the animation that makes it look slow and wrong, it just does.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jump
I agree, but I think a big part of that is the running animations. I don't know exactly what it is about the animation that makes it look slow and wrong, it just does.

It looks like EA is going to need a sprinting coach to do mo cap... I mean how hard is the chin to pocket motions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »