Home

Please explain what is going on in this Demo video???

This is a discussion on Please explain what is going on in this Demo video??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #65
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Please explain what is going on in this Demo video???

I have come to view these types of complaints and threads as such. If you don't like this sort of thing, then you're playing the wrong game. Go pick up a dirt cheap copy of APF2k8 and have a blast playing online. There's MORE then enough people every night from OS and you can always get a great sim game going. It's an awesome game and an awesome experience.

But..

For the love of all that is holy, quit complaining about Madden. This is how the game has played for years and years and it's not going to change. I could personally look beyond these things myself because to me they're less important then blocking logic,control etc. But there's alot of you that DO think this stuff is game breaking so it blows me away as to why you'd buy the product. Can anyone explain to me why you'd buy something that you feel is busted and unacceptable? IMO, when you KNOW these things are in the game and you spend the $60.00 ANYWAY, your opinion is no longer valid.

If you're going to buy Madden, shut up and enjoy it. Otherwise, don't buy it and get APF2K8 until APF2k11 or NCAA2K12 comes out...or Madden improves to the point where you enjoy it.

Last edited by Nintari; 08-01-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 22

Anyone ever see some of these madden critics ever say "ANYTHING" positive about the game? ..ever? That should tell you what they are about...you can verify this by looking at their POST HISTORY or visiting their YouTube channel lol

I dont have a problem with people being a constructive critics..as long as they see both the good and bad in the game..some of these guys like a few video making enthusiasts and constant whinners have YET to show off one positive video or positive post lol isnt that ironic? So in other words they see absolutely NOTHING good about the game...go figure

Last edited by Moegames; 08-01-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari

For the love of all that is holy, quit complaining about Madden.

OOKKAAAY!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #68
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Anyone ever see some of these madden critiques ever say "ANYTHING" positive about the game? ..ever? That should tell you what they are about...you can verify this by looking at their POST HISTORY or visiting their YouTube channel lol

I dont have a problem with people being a constructive critique..as long as they see both the good and bad in the game..some of these guys like a few video making enthusiasts and constant whinners have YET to show off one positive video or positive post lol isnt that ironic? So in other words they see absolutely NOTHING good about the game...go figure
That isn't even the problem though....the problem is these same people BUY MADDEN every year anyway. It's like someone from PETA buying stock in the American beef industry.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:44 AM   #69
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
It's like someone from PETA buying stock in the American beef industry.
Well considering PETA is responsible for hundred of thousands of animal deaths a year I don't see why you need to make up a similarity. Just need to say it as it is.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #70
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Well considering PETA is responsible for hundred of thousands of animal deaths a year I don't see why you need to make up a similarity. Just need to say it as it is.
I'm just saying that if you hate something, don't monetarily support it. It's completely hypocritical and invalidates your complaints against the product. It would be one thing if you didn't KNOW what you were getting but these people know how Madden plays and STILL rush out there and buy it. Why buy something you dislike? Why play a game that only serves to frustrate you from a gameplay standpoint?

It's completely ridiculous.

Last edited by Nintari; 08-01-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #71
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I'm just saying that if you hate something, don't monetarily support it. It's completely hypocritical and invalidates your complaints against the product. It would be one thing if you didn't KNOW what you were getting but these people know how Madden plays and STILL rush out there and buy it. Why buy something you dislike? Why play a game that only serves to frustrate you from a gameplay standpoint?

It's completely ridiculous.

It's difficult because there's only 1 NFL football game to buy. People need their football fix so with the exclusivity comes a responsibility to deliver.

I recently played the demo and I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately though, I did have a run go against me which featured a double morphing, most noticeably when the would be tackler morphed straight through the runner. That's a big aspect of the game in my opinion.

I like Madden but I wish EA would forget about creating new features and just nail down the gameplay mechanics. I know that all games have their issues but multiple player morphing on plays is very frustrating, especially when it influences the match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
When you view a video about a problem isolated like this, standing alone it appears harmless. One of those I rarely see it happening things we can forgive.

Now what if this particular problem in the vid only happens once a quarter while playing, well no big deal.

Now combine this particular problem in this vid with all the other problems people are finding. Then lets say they only happen once a game. How many problems is that we are seeing per quarter and then combine all that to per game ?

Then combine that with the other game play issues. I see my team mate attempting to make a tackle. I run in to assist only to see my man have NO impact on the play, he just warps around the tackle like there is some force field around the guy we are trying to tackle. That happens alot.

Add that to the well it only happens a few times per game pile.

I like the feel of the game, and the game can be fun because after all it is a game. However when the sum of the "little" problems start to add up and start to effect your gameplay experience, at some point you get tired of it and have to shelve it.

When you are playing the game alone, the problems are not as apparent or agrivating. When you start playing online it can become very frustrating. The more I play NCAA online the more the games "little" faults are bringing the fun to an end.

I bring NCAA up because I see the same stuff happening in the Madden demo.

It bewilders me as to why people who claim, its just a game, and I dont take it that serious, and "I dont know why you make these vids" always seem to find their way into these threads, soak up the content then hijack the thread by making posts insulting the OP and talking about off topic things.

You knew this thread was gonna be about a problem with the game when you read the title. If you dont like these threads and "dont take the game that serious" Why are you "seriously" in this thread ?

When I see a Franchise thread or Jersey thread or shoe color thread, I dont go in them. I am not interested and I dont care about it so why go in their thread and berate them on why they are talking about it ?
Where did the OP get insulted?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »