Home

Do You CAP????

This is a discussion on Do You CAP???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do you play?
I CAP, and play as GM 17 44.74%
I CAP, and let the CPU play as GM 3 7.89%
I play with the real players, and as GM 18 47.37%
I play with the real players, and let the CPU GM 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Do You CAP????

I usually end up making a CAP of myself, but in doing so I release someone around the same overall to compensate.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #10
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

I usually create one player. Normally a safety, no higher than 80 overall. I might drop it to 70 this year because of the stretched ratings.

I only ever make defensive players, that way I have to earn my stats, as apposed to feeding myself the ball on offense.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #11
Rookie

Madden Head's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimixiii
well if you make realistic CAPs it doesn't take away from the challenge or the sim aspect.

i use to only make CAPs for Franchise every few years since undrafted players like Antonio Gates & Kurt Warner pop up every now and then. but i don't think we can do that during a Franchise anymore. but i do create friends & random prospects in NCAA to eventually draft over to Madden.
I can agree with this. Back in NCAA 04 and Madden 04 I made myself as a DT for my Boise State Broncos and later did an import after graduation. In NCAA 08 and Madden 08 on XBox I played Campus Legend and then Super Star in the same fashion. That was fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #12
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
I always create my player, it's just more fun to me. I used to make my guy 99 in everything but over the past 5 years I figured how cheap it is to win every game with a perfect player. Now I make my guy about an 84ovr as a rookie and build him up over the years. Although in recent Madden's, the progression is horrible. I don't feed my guy the ball though and I play franchise mode just like I would without a CAP. It's more fun IMO.
Pretty much the same for me, except i usually make my CAP somewhere around the 75-78 range, like someone else said i might drop it a few points this year since ratings have been stretched out. Creating a player helps keep me immersed in my franchise, it helps keep things "fresh" for me, instead of getting stale.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 2

My friends and I all play on the same team in a franchise and when we start it up we each create ourself. On last years (09') we would start at an 80ovr (w/ at least 70awr) this year because of the stretched out ratings we will still create our guys but if we want to start at 20yrs old we'll be a 68ovr...21yrs old = 72ovr...22yrs old =76 ovr and 23yrs old =80. (all with at least 70awr)

The reason for the awr being at least 70 is because we could cheat and keep it at like 50 and put up all of the ratings that matter for our position. (spd, acc, cth, btk, etc.)

Also we get rid of the starting player at the position that we create (cut them - not trade) This way we have to build our team up from being terrible into a good team...we always pick one of the 5 worst teams to start with.

Augst 14th can't come soon enough!
Old 08-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #14
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

I usually make myself a recruit on NCAA and wait to get drafted in my franchise.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #15
MattUMD224

OVR:

I create my player in NCAA as a 78 OVR and if they progress enough to get put in the draft pool in Madden then i go to the NFL if not then i guess i picked the wrong school or wasn't good enough

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

I always make myself .. usually try and keep them below 80 though ..

This year may make them around 70-75 ..

2009/2010 Season
49ers Record: 0-0-0

PSN ID: PDubNiner and Token420

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »