Home

Madden NFL 10: Franchise Mode Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Franchise Mode Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 06:42 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 10: Franchise Mode Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
I can answer a few of these:

1.) There are 90 draft classes (90 QB classes, 90 RB classes, etc), and each positional grouping is randomly selected for each year, so theoretically you'll probably never have the exact same draft class any one year (if I'm wrong, please someone jump in and correct me; it's been a while since I read that blog).
Is this confirmed correct? i was under the impression that it was like head coach 09 in that its not randomized classes by position but the whole draft class stays together. i could be wrong?
Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #130
Rookie

OVR: 2

I remember in 2k5 you were able to edit the incoming rookies.......just saying >.>
Old 08-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #131
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordtime
I remember in 2k5 you were able to edit the incoming rookies.......just saying >.>
I remember when three months ago Ian seemd to imply that we would be able to edit rookies in Madden 10. I guess they just didn't have the time to squeeze it in. Okay biggest cliche ever... "Maybe they will have it in Madden 11."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #132
Banned

OVR: 18
Thank you steve, Im going to enjoy franchise in a week oh yeah baby.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #133
Rookie

What is up with Ochocinco gettin his MAdden today?!?!?!?!?!?!?! How come he gets it before all of us??
Old 08-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #134
Banned

OVR: 1
1) Online Franchises (check)
2) Online Coop v. CPU (check)
3) Online Coop in an Offline Franchise. . .

Does Madden 10 permit a person to join me in an offline franchise? I bet I know the answer. THIS is the single feature that matters to me. Online franchises are a trainwreck, scheduling is a headache, and they are rarely lasting. Online coop v. CPU is a pathetic feature if it is limited to exhibition games. EA: CONNECT THE DOTS. This is not rocket science. Allow me to sign on, grab my brother, and start ripping a franchise. I'm in law school in Minnesota. He lives in Colorado. You might not believe how many consumers are in a similar position. Instead of jamming ads down our throats that tell us what features we'll love, why don't you take a poll? For the love of God, stop with the mini-games and address the feature that most people purchase your game for.
You mean to tell me that in the EA Boardroom, or in the booth you morons reserve at Chucky Cheese, nobody advanced the idea of extending coop to an offline franchise? Have you intentionally thrown this on the back-burner for next year? Do you think that consumers will just endure your baby-step marketing model forever?
Capitalism would have buried you if you didn't have a kung-fu grip on the NFL's tit and if 2K flexed a little hard-earned muscle. How did you get the exclusive right to drop the ball every year? This EA Sports--ESPN--NFL threesome needs to be challenged. EA, you are dangerously complacent with an absolute cash cow. Sooner or later a company is going to knock you on your ***. 2K would have made you look like you were running in quick-sand. You're a joke.

PROS: The gameplay is pretty good. The player-ratings seem thoughtful. The graphics are solid. The franchises progress pretty well. All of this --- THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE HARD PART.

CONS: You invest far too much time and money in creating new features for people to ignore. It is mind boggling. Let NFL Blitz handle the six year-old demographic. Or, if you insist on keeping these shoddy game modes, just hire a few more guys to work on the one that people actually play. You use a fraction of your disc's capacity -- believe me, it's possible. Let players play cooperatively over xbox live in offline franchises. Also, let people play 11 on 11 online -- in a franchise even. Impossible? Take a look at NHL 09, or the FIFA series. By now you should be closer to 11 v 11 than 1 v 1. You're a joke, try to keep up. Pony up a 20-spot for commentators to say a few lines that actually make you feel like you're in the playoffs. Your overall presentation in franchise mode has been so poor. I hear you have a superbowl presentation this year. Kudos. That thing should be like ****ing Woodstock, and it should have been on every single Madden game you've ever produced. We play your game to win the super bowl in a franchise. Take a poll. Stop spending on commercials that showcase views that aren't relevant in the actual game --- and use that money to hire. Hire people that know football, or hire people that know gaming, or get crazy and hire both. I will buy your game, but know this: I've abandoned EA in every series where it is still possible, solely for the way you handle Madden. And the second Madden is confronted with anything that could remotely be considered a competitor, I will be his customer to lose.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #135
Banned

^ I love that idea you had, about having someone else join your offline franchise. However, wouldn't that be an oxi-moron kind of? Cause if you do that then the offline franchise becomes an online franchise. But I love the idea though. Also about 2K. Even if 2K was still around making football games they would suck at it. You need look no farther then at, MLB 2k9, and NHL 2k9, and the piece of crap those two games are. Seeing how 2k has totally botched their NHL and MLB games on next gen I can't even begin to imagen how they would have totally screwed up their NFL games on next gen. Thank God EA did get the exclusive rights, and saved us all from the horror show that was to come with the NFL 2k serries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #136
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordtime

True. But you never could see what their OVR was going to be so sometimes you'd make a few tweaks and all of the sudden have a 98 OVR rook.

Another thing, you could never edit your players equipment at ANY point in Franchise mode...and some rookies would come in with mismatched wrist bands, shoes, and gloves. A friggin mess. Glad Madden has had that option for years now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »