Home

Online Franchise to have 1 time Code

This is a discussion on Online Franchise to have 1 time Code within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #25

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Online Franchise to have 1 time Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Wow! I had not heard of this. This is ridiculous if true. If they have online franchise on the back of the box as one of the features then it's close to false advertising. Say I go to gamestop and I haven't played Madden in a couple of years, which is definitely possible considering the previous versions. I see Madden 10 on the used wall and pick it up and check the back for the features. I see online franchise and I'm like oh that's tight. I'm gonna get this. I get home, but guess what....no online franchise. That's messed up. I don't like this at all.
Well, I see where you are coming from.

But EA makes no money off of those gamestop sales. To me it is a feature that could be seen as an additional feature. In my opinion, online content is in addition to what we pay for which is why I personally don't have a problem with it.

Say someone buys the game for $50 (none of which EA sees), I don't see what the problem is for people paying to use their online services (which undoubtedly costs them quite a bit of money).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 12:38 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Wow! I had not heard of this. This is ridiculous if true. If they have online franchise on the back of the box as one of the features then it's close to false advertising. Say I go to gamestop and I haven't played Madden in a couple of years, which is definitely possible considering the previous versions. I see Madden 10 on the used wall and pick it up and check the back for the features. I see online franchise and I'm like oh that's tight. I'm gonna get this. I get home, but guess what....no online franchise. That's messed up. I don't like this at all.
Getting it used you take the risk on missing things, like not being able to register the game, no box, no manual, it's a risk you take buying used, and not false advertising because EVERY ONE who buys it new like intended gets the code to unlock the feature, same goes for other un-lockables or things you might scratch off, the person who got it new deserved to have it and used it, getting mad because you decided to save like $5 which is what used will be for like 7-8 months is kind of pointless.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm with the developers on this one. They lose out when someone buys a used copy. The money you spend on a game, is better off going to the developers instead of some place like gamestop.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #28
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Well, I see where you are coming from.

But EA makes no money off of those gamestop sales. To me it is a feature that could be seen as an additional feature. In my opinion, online content is in addition to what we pay for which is why I personally don't have a problem with it.

Say someone buys the game for $50 (none of which EA sees), I don't see what the problem is for people paying to use their online services (which undoubtedly costs them quite a bit of money).
No other games lists extra stuff that you have to pay for as a feature. You don't see the DLC map packs for COD as features on the back of the box because, technically, if you don't buy it, it's not a feature. What if everything worked like this? I buy tickets to a concert that's featuring Lil Wayne, Drake, T.I., Young Jeezy, and Jay Z(if you don't know these artists just sub in your favorite artists). I get into the concert and I'm having a good time, then all of a sudden, the music stops. If I want to see Lil Wayne perform, I have to pay a little extra. It's not right. I paid for my ticket thinking I'm gonna see all the artists that they listed. They advertised Lil Wayne with the rest of the artists, but I have to actually pay extra to see him perform. I know this will not be the case when you buy the game new, but the box will still be the same when you buy the game used. So the same rules that apply for a new game should apply for the used game as well.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:51 AM   #29

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
No other games lists extra stuff that you have to pay for as a feature. You don't see the DLC map packs for COD as features on the back of the box because, technically, if you don't buy it, it's not a feature. What if everything worked like this? I buy tickets to a concert that's featuring Lil Wayne, Drake, T.I., Young Jeezy, and Jay Z(if you don't know these artists just sub in your favorite artists). I get into the concert and I'm having a good time, then all of a sudden, the music stops. If I want to see Lil Wayne perform, I have to pay a little extra. It's not right. I paid for my ticket thinking I'm gonna see all the artists that they listed. They advertised Lil Wayne with the rest of the artists, but I have to actually pay extra to see him perform. I know this will not be the case when you buy the game new, but the box will still be the same when you buy the game used. So the same rules that apply for a new game should apply for the used game as well.
So your main problem then is that they use it as a selling point?

So you really don't understand why they would charge someone a small fee to use their online services that they are paying quite a bit for?

And is it fair for people who pay nothing to EA to get equal services as those that do?
Old 08-02-2009, 12:55 AM   #30
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan
Getting it used you take the risk on missing things, like not being able to register the game, no box, no manual, it's a risk you take buying used, and not false advertising because EVERY ONE who buys it new like intended gets the code to unlock the feature, same goes for other un-lockables or things you might scratch off, the person who got it new deserved to have it and used it, getting mad because you decided to save like $5 which is what used will be for like 7-8 months is kind of pointless.
What happens if you lose the booklet for your game before you have a chance to input the code. Asus did the same thing with their sound card and now they are getting all kind of heat for it. If you don't know, they sold the hdav1.3(sound card) with software to have it work on your cpu. They put the code to load the software on your cpu on the disc sleeve. Well guess what? People lost their sleeves so they couldn't load the software. Now people are complaining because they paid for the software but can't use it because they don't have the code. The same scenario can happen here. It's not gonna be good for EA in the end trust me. Especially once some of the more mainstream sites find out about this.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #31

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
What happens if you lose the booklet for your game before you have a chance to input the code. Asus did the same thing with their sound card and now they are getting all kind of heat for it. If you don't know, they sold the hdav1.3(sound card) with software to have it work on your cpu. They put the code to load the software on your cpu on the disc sleeve. Well guess what? People lost their sleeves so they couldn't load the software. Now people are complaining because they paid for the software but can't use it because they don't have the code. The same scenario can happen here. It's not gonna be good for EA in the end trust me. Especially once some of the more mainstream sites find out about this.
Thats a terrible excuse. Don't lose the booklet. It can't be that hard to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 01:00 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
What moron loses the game booklet for the game they're about to play in a matter of seconds, let alone input the code on the back? Also if you lose the booklet, and you trade it in, kind of goes right back to my original point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »