Home

Online Franchise to have 1 time Code

This is a discussion on Online Franchise to have 1 time Code within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 01:39 AM   #41
Rookie

ak1knight's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Online Franchise to have 1 time Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Exactly. And it's not like EA is "losing" money. They already made money off used products when they were New. EA already got paid. Whatever Joe Blow wants to do with the game after he purchased it New is his business, not EA's.
What about the copy they could have sold to the other person? Isn't selling 2 copies more profitable than selling 1? Especially when the same amount of people are playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Indirectly EA is losing money though.

This person that is buying a used copy is giving their money to gamestop instead of buying a new copy and giving their money to EA.

No doubt it is smart for the customer, but it doesn't do EA any good.

This is a way for EA to capitalize on that problem. Like it or not, it is a smart business move.
But once that New copy is purchased by the consumer, he/she should be able to do with the game as they please. If they want to sell/give it to a friend, they should be able to do that without being locked out of advertised features or whatnot.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #43
Rookie

ak1knight's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
But once that New copy is purchased by the consumer, he/she should be able to do with the game as they please. If they want to sell/give it to a friend, they should be able to do that without being locked out of advertised features or whatnot.
Why not? EA wants people to buy new so they can earn more profit on a game THEY created and so that their sales numbers are better to get more investors.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #44

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
That's your opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

If I were running a business, I would want to maximize profit on my product, pretty simple.

Those second hand gamers do nothing for me, they should pay something.

It's not like they are charging and outlandish amount for this.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:47 AM   #45
Banned

It begins with Online Franchise. If you all just sit there and take it, next thing you know, it will cost a one time/monthly fee to play online, then eventually gravitating to different aspects/modes of the game.

If you bought a PS3 off Amazon or Ebay used, but couldn't access any of the online components of the console unless you paid Sony some type of fee, many many many people would be infuriated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 01:47 AM   #46
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
If that is the case, then they could still purchase the code from the Madden shop. Either way, this is good business.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:50 AM   #47

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
It begins with Online Franchise. If you all just sit there and take it, next thing you know, it will cost a one time/monthly fee to play online, then eventually gravitating to different aspects/modes of the game.

If you bought a PS3 off Amazon or Ebay used, but couldn't access any of the online components of the console unless you paid Sony some type of fee, many many many people would be infuriated.
If I were ever to buy something second hand, I would have no problem paying for certain features.

I do agree that it is a slippery slope though. I have no problem with EA charging second hand users to pay for features first and users get for free. But I will never agree with charging first hand users fees to use basic features.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:59 AM   #48
Banned

Look at it this way.

A 360 owner buys a used game. He pays a used price for the game, and also makes his purchase 2 months after the game's launch.

Used gamers usually have to wait for a certain length of time for the item to become available used, whereas New buyers get the game much earlier.

Used gamers are paying a used price due to the item being in "not new" condition. In many cases, used games are in average to poor condition, whereas new purchasers get pristine copies.

It sounds like some of you are wanting to punish the second hand user for waiting 2+ months after release and picking up a ***-poor copy, all because EA didn't profit off the sale of the same copy twice.

Once an item is purchased and is out in circulation, EA shouldn't be able to do this...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »