Home

Online Franchise to have 1 time Code

This is a discussion on Online Franchise to have 1 time Code within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:02 AM   #49

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Online Franchise to have 1 time Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Once an item is purchased and is out in circulation, EA shouldn't be able to do this...
Incorrect. It is their product, they can do whatever they wish with it.

The difference between you and I is that we are looking at it from two different perspectives.

You are looking at it from the consumers perspective while I'm looking at it from the business side.

No right or wrong, I just doubt we will come to an accord.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:04 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Incorrect. It is their product, they can do whatever they wish with it.

The difference between you and I is that we are looking at it from two different perspectives.

You are looking at it from the consumers perspective while I'm looking at it from the business side.

No right or wrong, I just doubt we will come to an accord.
No, I am looking at it from both side's POV on the matter, but either way I look at it, it still seems unethical to me from a business standpoint.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:08 AM   #51

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
No, I am looking at it from both side's POV on the matter, but either way I look at it, it still seems unethical to me from a business standpoint.
How is it unethical?

People who aren't paying EA anything are getting to use their servers and online features (which again, EA pays good money for) for free.

How does that make sense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 21

This is another low blow by EA, no doubt based on the heavy turn around sales of M09. Not happy with the profit they already make, they must find a way to turn profit off used game buyers.

Online franchise has been a large selling point for M10. If at any point you will have to pay for it, then it needs a little "*" beside it.

Then again, they have charged for stadiums in the past.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 8

if anything EA should be going after gamestop and other places that sell used games not the customers who year after year go out and buy their product

what if for some reason i have to get a new gamertag say mine gets banned for whatever reason or i have 2 gamertags do i have to buy a new code even though i bought madden new
Old 08-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
How is it unethical?

People who aren't paying EA anything are getting to use their servers and online features (which again, EA pays good money for) for free.

How does that make sense?
20 people purchase Madden and are playing it online.
5 people trade their copies to friends.
You still have 20 people playing online.

It's not like EA's servers have more customer's online than they have copies sold...

20 server slots are still being occupied from 20 game sales.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:22 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden Head
I don't like it either. Regardless, if you rent the game you shouldn't be joining an OF. You would be wasting everyone's time when you have to return it. What I don't like is if you buy it used. Unless you bought a "previously played game" from Blockbuster or something, chances are you bought it used from someone else who no longer wants to play it. This way, as the new end-user, you should be allowed to use the code. In the end it doesn't matter to me as I am going to buy the game anyway. I just agree that this is a trend I do not like.

-I was told a few years back EA charged for alternate uniforms for the early next gen games. Is that true?-
Yes, and no. They advertised it as they would come out with the alternate uniforms, even had ads for it on loading screens saying you'd be able to buy them in the Marketplace. I don't remember them ever releasing them. Not like I would of paid for some uniforms, but it was pretty sad they were going to make you pay for them.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
How is it unethical? What business ethic are they breaking?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »