Home

Online Franchise to have 1 time Code

This is a discussion on Online Franchise to have 1 time Code within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:39 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Online Franchise to have 1 time Code

EA and GS seem to be so close now-a-days, I'm surprised they don't already have some sort of used games contract in place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 02:43 AM   #66

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
EA obviously doesn't owe them anything, but then again, this really proves all they care about is money. Yes it's a business and they're in it for the money, doesn't mean you close the doors on future buyers.
To a point I agree with you.

But in the end, it is a business, and sadly, in the end all the matters is money.

That's not to say that's what the dev team cares about. I assume they get paid a salary and the money earned doesn' affect it. But to the suits, money is all that matters.

As far as future buyers, if they pay for OF, and like it enough, they will buy the game in the future if they can.

I guarantee if someone likes the game, they won't be turned off from future versions because they had to pay money to play OF in Madden 10.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #67

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
EA and GS seem to be so close now-a-days, I'm surprised they don't already have some sort of used games contract in place.
is that your answer to my question?
Old 08-02-2009, 02:45 AM   #68
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

nobody is forced to buy the game used, and if you're buying it used you shouldn't be surprised by your copy possibly missing things a brand new copy would. how hard is it to wait an extra week or 2 to save up an additional $5-$10 if online franchise is that important to you.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #69
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
This is another low blow by EA, no doubt based on the heavy turn around sales of M09. Not happy with the profit they already make, they must find a way to turn profit off used game buyers.

Online franchise has been a large selling point for M10. If at any point you will have to pay for it, then it needs a little "*" beside it.

Then again, they have charged for stadiums in the past.
Actually, if the person who first had the game never used the code for Online Franchise, then you would be okay as a used game buyer, but this is a solid business decision. You can still purchase it from the Madden Shop if you want to play online franchise.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:08 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
EA obviously doesn't owe them anything, but then again, this really proves all they care about is money. Yes it's a business and they're in it for the money, doesn't mean you close the doors on future buyers.
Breaking News: A Corporation, whose sole legal responsibility is to make money, attempts to make money. More at 11.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:29 AM   #71
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
Breaking News: A Corporation, whose sole legal responsibility is to make money, attempts to make money. More at 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 03:58 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
Read my post again. I said yes, it's a business and they're in it for the money, but it doesn't mean they close there doors on future buyers. As I've said in one of the other threads about this, it's an understandable business move, but I personally don't like the idea or concept of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »