Home

Curious on which style of gameplay you prefer?

This is a discussion on Curious on which style of gameplay you prefer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: which Style of Gameplay Do You Prefer?
Last Gen Madden 5 35.71%
Madden 10 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Curious on which style of gameplay you prefer?

This thread is solely created for one reason which I will explain shortly. It is not to start any kind of vicious debate.

After having the chance to play Madden 10 and of course last gen Madden. I would like to know which style of gameplay you still prefer between the two.

I really love the graphics and presentation implemented in Madden 10, but the gameplay on the field I still love last gen Madden over what Madden 10 has to offer.

I know Ian and company visit these boards just as much as we do and that's awesome. They have already started working on Madden 11 which is insane and truly reflects their passion for working on a football game. I believe I have read that animations will be a very high priority. I'm hoping this thread that can help in informing them on what we are looking for on Madden 11's animations.

Now how awesome would it be if Madden 11's player models moved exactly the same way it did on last gen. Just as smooth with the very nice quick juke when running the ball. having the same exact running animations, and speed of the game, but all with the graphics we have now.

I strongly feel if they can make Madden 11 animations exactly the same way it was on last gen with these graphics. It would be completely all over for any football title that ever existed.

Some of you might beg to differ, and that's cool. I just feel if that was the case that Madden will truly be back. I feel last gens overall gameplay was the reason why Madden was a very solid football title.

What are your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Curious on which style of gameplay you prefer?

How about FIRST gen Madden... 92-98...
Old 08-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Running animations only, and gameplay from last gen, yes. I didn't care for the receiving animations; the super spins, etc...

Game speed from last gen, absolutely not. Much too fast.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

ill let u know when the game is out.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

i like the last gen cause they had better blocking logic then the next gen logic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Running animations only, and gameplay from last gen, yes. I didn't care for the receiving animations; the super spins, etc...

Game speed from last gen, absolutely not. Much too fast.
OK I'm sure they will keep the speed slider. This has been a major topic. Many members have a different opinion on how the speed should be that having the speed slider is a must.

Totally agree with the spinning in last gen. The spin move in the NFL is used more to break out of a tackle and not as a juke. Nice observation there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
ill let u know when the game is out.
have you tried the demo. The demo is pretty much the final build. The demo can still give you a solid indication of what the gameplay is like on Madden 10.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #7
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
i like the last gen cause they had better blocking logic then the next gen logic
I will wait for the final build to comment on this. I do remember on last gen having some blocking issues, but this topic is geared more towards animations, and not A.I.

How did you feel about the animations from the two? Which one did you enjoy better?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »