Home

Bill Abner's Blog- The Sim Reviewer

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's Blog- The Sim Reviewer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #153
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Bill Abner's Blog- The Sim Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Sliders are there for a reason..yeah i know you know this ..but atleast they are there and DO work well.. Also believe it or not.. the majority of online players are not sim players..they are pure arcade Madden Nation type cheesers... the only real online sim players are the people that are into the online franchise stuff and even out of those its a half and half kind of thing ...

Saying sliders are just a bandaid is not fair to say and simply silly... just about every game we have ever played needed slider adjustments since the beginning of the slider invention for videogames. Seriously..i play NFL,NCAA Football, NHL,NBA,Boxing games,etc and yup, i had to adjust sliders to be satisfied, just about everyone thats pretty hardcore touch the sliders every rip..and that PROVES no game comes out of the box perfectly fitting for a hardcore gamer..its not rocket science here pal
No offense, but you don't know what you are talking about. Just because you may have encountered cheesers online doesn't mean the majority are. There are 1000s of guys who play straight sim online. They just care more about playing the actual chess match and playing football than they do about setting hot dog prices and having the correct shoe laces for my defensive back.

I'd be fine with being able to adjust sliders... Oh wait!!! There are no sliders for online franchise or online games!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #154
Pro

OVR: 10

It really stinks not having Online Franchise sliders cause I would love for the cpu to be able to run the ball. Its my biggest gripe about madden. Im in a 8 man Online Franchise with my buddies and they wanna keep it to All Pro due to the passing game being a little to tough for some. So I am stuck with the cpu not being able to run..........

If the sliders were in I could just simply raise the cpu's running game. And both parties would be happy.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #155
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

The defensive playcalling news, is kind of deflating. It's one of those things, that once you know about you see it every time. I sincerely hope against hope this is fixed, or at least fixable, because I'm one of those guys that it will drive crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »