Home

No Demo outside of US?

This is a discussion on No Demo outside of US? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
No Demo outside of US?

I've searched all over to try get my hands on the Madden 10 Demo (I already have my game preordered) but the xbox live website (yes I'm a gold member) tells me it isn't available to my region!
Anyone know any work arounds to this?
It seems stupid that it is limited by the region and can't be downloaded in Australia!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #2
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: No Demo outside of US?

Make an American account.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
Make an American account.
This.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

I think he means the 5 minute quarter demo. I have the game reserved here, but I just happened to be going to Port Huron MI. for a stroller that my wife just had to have (it's only an hour away). So I threw $5 down at GameStop and got the code. My wife will get the $5 deposit back when she goes Black Friday shopping!

If you do reserve it at EB Games in Canada and e-mail GameStop they will take their time, but they will send you a code. So I ended up with two and gave one to a buddy.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes
I think he means the 5 minute quarter demo. I have the game reserved here, but I just happened to be going to Port Huron MI. for a stroller that my wife just had to have (it's only an hour away). So I threw $5 down at GameStop and got the code. My wife will get the $5 deposit back when she goes Black Friday shopping!

If you do reserve it at EB Games in Canada and e-mail GameStop they will take their time, but they will send you a code. So I ended up with two and gave one to a buddy.
No... there is no demo of any kind outside of the US on PAL platforms for the playstation (can't comment for 360).

I don't know the actual reason why one isn't available but seeing as the ntsc demo would work on ps3 if made available (due to it being region free) it can't be to do with EA being too lazy to produce a PAL version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
No... there is no demo of any kind outside of the US on PAL platforms for the playstation (can't comment for 360).

I don't know the actual reason why one isn't available but seeing as the ntsc demo would work on ps3 if made available (due to it being region free) it can't be to do with EA being too lazy to produce a PAL version.
Correction... outside the USA and CANADA.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes

Hey so I live real close to you in Kitchener...but I never preordered because I thought the demo was a gamestop only thing, and we don't have any here, so what are the steps to get the code? Is it even worth trying now seeing as the game comes out in a week and a bit??
Old 08-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

YOu may as well wait now.
You can make an American account and download the Giants vs Cowboys demo to keep you occupied I guess..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »