Home

Why are streaks impossible?

This is a discussion on Why are streaks impossible? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Why are streaks impossible?

no, not really
Old 08-03-2009, 06:16 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzes10
If Larry Fitzgerald has 3 steps on a guy in real life with no safety coverage over the top while running a streak, Kurt Warner can hit him with a bomb in stride for the long TD. Why is it impossible to do this in Madden??? Whenever a situation like this occurs in Madden the QBs always seem to underthrow the receiver causing a jump ball situation when the DB was clearly beat deep.

Back in the old days of PS2 if you played 1 on 1 against a talented receiver with some speed ala Fitz or Chad Johnson you were burned for 6 just the way you would be if you ran your D like that in the NFL. Why, oh why, for the past couple years have they completely taken the deep threat and the possibility of getting burned for the homerun on a streak away? It's like they almost want you to always have to dink and dunk down the field which makes the defense not have to respect the threat of the deep ball for 6.
I dont think this is a real issue man...read the previews and retail impressions..and from the rest of us that have the demo's...no one is hardly mentioning this as a problem so it must be on your end some how
Old 08-03-2009, 06:22 AM   #19
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Then Devin Hester should be the best receiver in the league right?
If you give him 3 steps on every defender then yea...he is.

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 08-03-2009, 06:24 AM   #20
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Then Devin Hester should be the best receiver in the league right?
Absolutely.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 21

I would think the reason you don't see Speed guys in the NFL beating guys deep on a regular is I think its rare you will see a team call plays that would leave a speedster one on one with someone that cant keep up. There's always gonna be a double coverage of some type on those guys. Even then sometimes you see a few WR's beat the double team but that don't happen much either.

However that's the NFL. If in Madden or any video game I have a one on one match up and no safety help deep and my WR is suppose to be much faster than the DB I would expect to win that IF the DB is playing press. If the DB is playing 10 yards off then it would take much longer for the WR to run past the DB and I would expect to get sacked by the time the WR got by him, but I am sure there has been times in the NFL a WR has blew by a DB playing 10 yards off him.

So far I dont know what to say about deep balls in Madden. Its a mixed bag. I have not seen a WR get much seperation from a DB on a fly. I figure there must be a sweet spot in the ratings where you see a noticable difference in speed between DB's and WR's and maybe the teams in the demo dont have those ratings.

Instead of speculating and trying to compare what you see in NFL games to game situations in a video game. Can we get some concrete facts and numbers from devs or people who really KNOW whats going on with the deep pass ?

How much of a rating difference do we need to see a 5 yard seperation between a DB and a WR running a fly route ? Is it a 10 ratings point difference ? Is it more than that or a little less ?

I also would not expect there to be many WR's that are a whole lot faster than most DB's in the NFL. So I would think double moves would help WR's get that seperation from a DB that they could not get jet running up the field with them. However I have not seen any fly patterns in Madden with double moves.

This is another one of those areas where the tech needs to be explained so no one mistakes it for being broken.

In MY world, MY football video game would have a training camp mode where this and other facets of football would be explained and you could run drills to practice it, so that when you hit the field there is NO confusion on what you are seeing. You will KNOW why a play succeeded and why it did not.

All that said we can't judge anything till the full game comes out to see how the other elite WR's run their fly routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10

Fitz and boldin are great WRs ; however , they are not burners. Try doing it with Holmes.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 36

I also noticed its hard to throw a bomb. as it should be

but its really hard to have control of the wr thats probably why its difficult. if you hit y the wr does some stupid diving 1 handed catch when theres no need. i can do every other pass but the streak, even if the guys open. maybe thats soemthing in the demo or idk.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #24
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Chances are that you have been waiting too long to throw the ball. This is particularly important when using a QB like Warner who lacks arm strength. If you throw the ball after your WR gets more than 15-20 yards down field, he won't have enough time to seperate on the deep ball. Try judging your WR's position on the DB earlier and getting it out earlier and he will see much better results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »