Home

New Gametrailers Video

This is a discussion on New Gametrailers Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: New Gametrailers Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I deleted the demo a while ago. I never slammed the stick in any direction. I'll try it when the game comes out. Are their any videos, that show actual foot plants and going in the other direction? or this momentum you speak of ?
yeah its physics in madden, just not consistently and as far as momentum im not feeling it cause you have to have weight accounted for and weight dont seem to mean anything
Old 08-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

Hm....am I the only one who actually kinda enjoyed the video?

I mean, I always was aware that everything published before release is in 9/10 cases no "final" stuff...but thanks to Ian and the dev-team...everyone was told that neither the vids nor the demo are the final build.

So all of us should judge the final game...and nothing else.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #19
Rookie

Senor Nascar's Arena

OVR: 3

Anyone else find it ironic that Phil talks about O-Line Blocking at the 2:10 minute mark and the first video shown is of number 78 for the Broncos doing the Matador Blocking where he engages no one (Ole!!).

At least those videos are pre-E3...Thank God because that looked terrible.

Last edited by Senor Nascar; 08-03-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #20
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Boy they sure didn't do us any favors with that footage...most of that is from before E3.

Oh well - at this point you guys have seen most everything in the demo(s)...videos like these probably aren't going to sway you one way or the other.
Ok Ian. I know you say a lot of this is before E3 and I understand that. I know most of us have saw that practice video you showed us with tweaks you made to the pass rush. But in the demo I can get pressure some what with the guyI am controlling. But with other 3 guys up front the AI is controlling seems to not hardly get any pressure on the QB what so ever on the human controlled Defense. I am hoping this is only happening on the demo and not on the final version. If this is still the same thing on the final build. Will you patch it to make the front four get a little more pressure on the AI qb. BTW Ian it seems the AI Oline blocking picks up every blitz I throw at it. Nothing is working. No team in the real NFL picks picks up the blitz completely during a full game. So please look into it to see why the AI is able to completely pick up every blitz I throw at it. But other then that and the Human oline blocking needs a little more tweaking. The game is going to be great. Sidenote. I don't want just enough pressure to force the QB to throw the ball away are throw a INT. I want sacks to. Thats why I would like to see the human pass rush tweaked a little more. If the final build pass rush looks the same.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 08-03-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #21
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I would love to see a video where you actually have to plant your feet to do something? Ian said you could do it, I just haven't seen it as well as proper momentum and physics. Please show me these videos.
You wanna see proper momentum and footage?
Return a punt with Santonio Holmes.

It's amazing how you can see his momentum/speed/agility allow him to breeze passt oncoming defenders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
Rookie

footballfanatic1's Arena

OVR: 5

Very random observation from the video...

Kevin Boss' armpit hair at 3:47 LOL. I don't know if that's been in the game in year's past.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 11

I love the new camera when you snap the ball...you can see the whole field now (widescreen)...Makes it more easy for us old farts with bad eyes...lol

Looking good so far!!

peace
Old 08-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #24
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
I love the new camera when you snap the ball...you can see the whole field now (widescreen)...Makes it more easy for us old farts with bad eyes...lol

Looking good so far!!

peace
old or young, not being able to see the first 5 yards of your wideouts route was absolutely crazy. glad there's finally a wide camera, will definitely be using it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »