Home

Old 08-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: QB vision:

How about this setup. You have to hold down the right bumper button and press the corresponding face button to change which receiver you are looking at. The "chosen" receiver would be represented by a highlighted/glowing icon.

This is a pretty good system (imo) for a couple of reasons: a) it still allows you to play using just the face buttons. The trade off being you can't look off safeties and maybe there should be a hit on the accuracy of your passes. b) You would have to move your trigger finger away from the turbo.sprint button thereby further decreasing the qb scramble cheese. It would also make it much harder to throw accurate passes while on the run since you would have to go back and forth between hitting the RT and the RB. c) It would be a fast/responsive system. In my mind it would almost feel like cycling through receivers in Tecmo Bowl.

Taking it a step further, the highlighted/glowing icon around your "chosen" receiver could be tied into you QB's awareness rating. If you have Peyton, and you are looking at an open receiver the highlight around the icon would glow green. I he is covered it would glow red. Guys with lower awareness ratings would either not get the benefit of the glowing color or have the glow be very faint. What do you guys think?

Last edited by 2kmaster; 08-04-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

IMO i don't think their is any other way to IMULATE the strategy that goes into looking off receivers, and playing the QBs eyes. When I was a younger man (thinner man) I played some DB and FS. And watching a QBs eyes and which way his facemask turned was vital. You see its not just on the QB he may have to show his cards when he has inexperienced WRs who do not run sharp routes. (He has to look for them because they are not where the play needs them to be) This feature done correctly could also be utilized to seperate receivers who run exceptional routes from someone who is simply a Hayward Bay. its easier for a QB to lead a WR,RB or TE when he know where they are going to be.

My D follows your QB like twitter!!
XBOX LIVE GMR TAGs
BAD NEWZ BEARS
DONOVANGIAN
Old 08-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmaster
How about this setup. You have to hold down the right bumper button and press the corresponding face button to change which receiver you are looking at. The "chosen" receiver would be represented by a highlighted/glowing icon.

This is a pretty good system (imo) for a couple of reasons: a) it still allows you to play using just the face buttons. The trade off being you can't look off safeties and maybe there should be a hit on the accuracy of your passes. b) You would have to move your trigger finger away from the turbo.sprint button thereby further decreasing the qb scramble cheese. It would also make it much harder to throw accurate passes while on the run since you would have to go back and forth between hitting the RT and the RB. c) It would be a fast/responsive system. In my mind it would almost feel like cycling through receivers in Tecmo Bowl.

Taking it a step further, the highlighted/glowing icon around your "chosen" receiver could be tied into you QB's awareness rating. If you have Peyton, and you are looking at an open receiver the highlight around the icon would glow green. I he is covered it would glow red. Guys with lower awareness ratings would either not get the benefit of the glowing color or have the glow be very faint. What do you guys think?
Well its a good start, but think of this do we really want the gams AI to assist with highlights (green/red etc) this appears to give users to easy of an advantage and the whole purpose on SIM is the strategic game between two players. because who would ever throw to red? the completion would be off the chart.

My D follows your QB like twitter!!
XBOX LIVE GMR TAGs
BAD NEWZ BEARS
DONOVANGIAN
Old 08-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7

i hated the vision cone the idea is a good one but it just isnt something that can be done correct because you look at a diffrent WR by moving your eyes not moving your fingers the way a QB is supposed to look downfield is with their head completely straight ahead and you look of defenders with your eyes
Old 08-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovangian
Well its a good start, but think of this do we really want the gams AI to assist with highlights (green/red etc) this appears to give users to easy of an advantage and the whole purpose on SIM is the strategic game between two players. because who would ever throw to red? the completion would be off the chart.
I envision it being a very subtle glow, almost akin to the batters eye thing that was in MVP baseball. Maybe on the higher difficulties it would be turned off.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Why should I have to scan the field with my QB when I am scanning the field with MY OWN FREAKIN' EYES!!! lol

Also, the controls weren't intuitive enough. It was an ok idea that failed in it's execution.
this is how i felt about it, i already have my own vision of the field, no need to add a QB vision to simulate a QBs head moment and line of sight to make it more complicated than it is in real life.

the people that do actually like it seem to appreciate it b/c it added realism. but if you really want realism people would be amazed how a simple foot plant & more realistic passing (like not being able to throw a pass across the field with such ease) could make the game more sim than any cone on the field.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #31
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

yea i say bring it back its made the game way more sim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Why should I have to scan the field with my QB when I am scanning the field with MY OWN FREAKIN' EYES!!! lol

Also, the controls weren't intuitive enough. It was an ok idea that failed in it's execution.
Playing the game, you have a bird's eye view of the entire field and can see all the receivers at once. You aren't scanning anything. A QB can't see the whole field at once. That was the whole point of QB vision.

Also there is no disadvantage to staring down a receiver and no upside of looking off a safety.

A simple double tap system is intuitive and would keep everybody happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »