Home

Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #33
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: QB vision:

I've always been a proponent of the QB Vision. I thought that it added a level of realism and challenge to the game. It was also one of the few innovations that Tiburon has come up with.

I have my own ideas of a better system, but barring them using my idea lol, I would welcome QB Vision back with Open arms.

But as others have said, if they were to get the QB animations to the level of APF 2K8, the QB vision would be a little less necessary.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #34
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I loved the feature and wish it was still in. I agree the people that didn't know who to use it all said it was terrible.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

I posted this in another thread

What about a morph of the vision cone called qb progression. Where the plays in the play book would be numbered 1-4 or 5 for the safety valve. And while you drop back you can cycle through the progressions forward and back with the trigger buttons. And everyone's cone would be roughly the same size just keep the varied accuracy ratings.

You could eliminate some reads like a fade against 2 deep man and then progess to the next read.

You could also keep the icons up for players in the same area when you flood the zone.

I just think there needs to be some accounting of the qb seeing the field and the defense being able tofollow the qb's eyes. It would make playing safety a lot more fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysctroj
I posted this in another thread

What about a morph of the vision cone called qb progression. Where the plays in the play book would be numbered 1-4 or 5 for the safety valve. And while you drop back you can cycle through the progressions forward and back with the trigger buttons. And everyone's cone would be roughly the same size just keep the varied accuracy ratings.

You could eliminate some reads like a fade against 2 deep man and then progess to the next read.

You could also keep the icons up for players in the same area when you flood the zone.

I just think there needs to be some accounting of the qb seeing the field and the defense being able tofollow the qb's eyes. It would make playing safety a lot more fun.
Cool idea. I still don't think the actual cone would be necessary for this. Using the triggers to cycle back and forth would be pretty easy. Here's how I would do it, though. If you pull the left trigger, you look at the left side of the field, and the icons show up for receivers on the left side of the field. Pull the right trigger and the icons show up on the right side. Pull both triggers and the area between the hashes over the middle is where you are looking.

It's more complicated than the double tap, but I like your idea more I think. I just doubt EA is going to ever go back to anything like that.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
as well as looking off the safeties....that was my favorite part....looking one way...pumped faking...then moving the cone to the intended WR and throwing a bullet....oh it felt sooooo good.

and of course you had all those Mike Vick gamers with their little little cones....haha
I had Patrick Ramsey for a while until the Redskins went with Brunell and still was effective in throwing the ball.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #38
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

The removal of QB Vision had a trickle-down effect on everything else. No QB Vision - horrid saftey play - broken man coverage - THA rating being irrelevant - Robo QB.

I hope they bring QB Vision back using the double-tap method. I was the best at it, especially on the PS2 version. I could actually use a sup-par QB and put up decent numbers with him buy actually making him look at shorter routes to make up for his vision and accuracy issues, which in turn let me improve the QB's ratings in Franchise mode...
Old 08-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 26

The camera perspective should change, their is no need for a cone whatsoever. Tiburon, should make as an option a 3rd person camera in the vein of Uncharted or Metal Gear Solid and couple it with what Visual concepts did in "first person football" 1. You start off in your drop looking at your primary and then you hit the right bumper or L1 to progress through your reads.

Using this type of perspective will make you use passing lanes like a real QB, this is why I love first person football. Being that it is not first person allows the height of your QB come into play. The whole perspective changes when you have a 6' 5" QB oppose to having a 6' 1" QB. Your linemans' heights will come into play as well, you can not see over him unless you drop back far enough thus leaving you vulnerable in the pocket to the outside rush.

Even with your cone vision you still had the gods eye view. Now imagine dropping that camera down to a Uncharted level relying on your pocket, the tension builds as the controller rumbles, now timing routes and or route based passing comes into play. You start throwing to spots trusting your WR will be there. You are now on the field, making decisions.

How to effectively use rumble in this perspective to get awareness in the pocket and feel the pressure. Rumble should be directional as the RE or ROLB gets closer the right side of the controller rumble goes from weak to strong in a progression. You will feel it intensify and the intensity will make you hurry throws, scamper out of the pocket, become very aware of the QB avoidance Right stick.

Turn your game on, run a pass play or two. Now go to replay and put the camera in a Metal Gear or Uncharted type of over the shoulder view. Drop back, pause in the pocket, what do you see?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #40
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
i hated the vision cone the idea is a good one but it just isnt something that can be done correct because you look at a diffrent WR by moving your eyes not moving your fingers the way a QB is supposed to look downfield is with their head completely straight ahead and you look of defenders with your eyes
And a running back also runs with his legs, not using his finger to hold down a trigger or joystick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »