Home

Shortened replays like in demo in final product?

This is a discussion on Shortened replays like in demo in final product? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:00 AM   #9
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Shortened replays like in demo in final product?

They shortened replays so that replays are now no compressed.

If was either, unlimited replay length, but compressed replays. THis lead to really weird things shown up in replays. Morphing that never happened in the games. Warping that never happened at live speed but did on the replays.

So they chose to uncompress the replays, so whatever happened in the game, is shown in the replay. This meant short length.

People were critiquing things that never occured during real game time. So they probably wanted to stop this.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:01 AM   #10
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
This.

I remember one youtube video that the only way the Madden Devs would fix thier game is if they did not allow full instant replays so we can show the whole world on youtube what's happening.

The Devs have already said they watch the youtube videos, now I see what happened here.....

For this sole reason alone is why I will NOT be buying the game!
All i said that this might could be the reason. I ain't ruling this idea out right now. But like I said aswell. It could be just a bug in the coding of the programming. Are it could be that with all of the new presention stuff put in this year that they had to limit it are something. Who knows accept Ian and Phil themselves. I guess if Ian and Phil want to let us know why they will tell us soon are later.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:02 AM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
They shortened replays so that replays are now no compressed.

If was either, unlimited replay length, but compressed replays. THis lead to really weird things shown up in replays. Morphing that never happened in the games. Warping that never happened at live speed but did on the replays.

So they chose to uncompress the replays, so whatever happened in the game, is shown in the replay. This meant short length.

People were critiquing things that never occured during real game time. So they probably wanted to stop this.
Well there is your answer folks. I didn't think about that. Nice wording my friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 05:06 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well there is your answer folks. I didn't think about that. Nice wording my friend.
WTF is wrong with you people? this is not an excuse! I've never had this problem in any other Madden old gen, 2k5, or any other next gen sports game. Stop giving them props for TRYING to make the game better, it's their ****ing job!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:07 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040

For this sole reason alone is why I will NOT be buying the game!
Seriously? Because of short replays? Really?
Old 08-04-2009, 05:09 AM   #14
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

They've got to have full replays, Maddens won't be the same without replays of your favourite plays.

Ad-hoc morphing I can accept, weird physics I can accept, but short replays - surely not!

I can't believe that Ian and the team would do this so I'll wait for confirmation before any toys leave the pram.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:10 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Guys,

The trolling in this thread is getting a bit out of hand. Everyone relax, calm down, and feel free to discuss this in a mature way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 05:11 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can't recall if in Madden 09, at the end of the game, in the play by play, you could watch back every play you wanted.

I don't know if it will be in Madden 10, but then it would be bad to see only the end of each play.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »