Home

Shortened replays like in demo in final product?

This is a discussion on Shortened replays like in demo in final product? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:25 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Shortened replays like in demo in final product?

http://www.operationsports.com/Steve...age=2#comments

# 27 Steve_OS @ Aug 3 (5 Hours Ago)
Quote:

# 9 DakkoN @ Aug 3 (7 Minutes Ago)
Steve, are the replays shortened in the real game like they are in the demo? In the demo, for an interception TD, fumbles kick off return, 80 yard TD pass, etc... the replays will usually only show the last 20 or 30 yards of the play, usually missing the best part of the whole replay which is where the highlight occurs... is it the same in the real game?

Unfortunately, yes... Same deal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Was very upset to read in another thread here a short time ago that the shortened replays that were in the demo exist in the final product. I am very unhappy about this. In plays where the ball is intercepted and returned for a TD we often never get to see the interception. The demo I can understand, but if this is in the final version why on earth did they do this? Can anyone confirm if this is true?

In fact, how CAN this be true if "Backtrack" is still in the game? Or does this mean we have to have "Backtrack" on (it's off by default as I understand) in order to see the full replay? Can someone clarify? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Shortened replays like in demo in final product?

Oh wow, I thought that was just a demo thing. Little things like this make no sense. I feel bad for people who like to make highlight videos and stuff.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:40 AM   #3
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

wtf?

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-04-2009, 04:43 AM   #4
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

"Madden 2011 now featuring all new complete replays!"

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-04-2009, 04:46 AM   #5
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I don't know why this is. But I am sure if alot people see this as a big problem. Then Ian and Phil can make some tweaks in the codes and make a patch update later on after the game drops. I know how you feel. It bugs me. The instant reply has always been a big part of madden and any other sprt game like this. I don't know why Ian and Phil want it shortens for. But I have a feeling strange that is was done on purpose to prevent people like Apex from reveiwing and making videos and bugging the staff about stuff that is broken in the game. I could be wrong. But that is most honest guess I can come up with right now. But I guesss only Ian can answer the question why the replys was cut short this year. It could be in the programming are a bug are something. Who knows accept Ian and his crew.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 08-04-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 04:49 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

okay! now that's a game breaker to me!!! Whenever your WR get some YAC you can't see the throw. EVERY replay should start from the snap. EA you FAIL at making quality games no matter how hard you try! This is pissing me off, this stuff is unacceptable. Are the developers drunk while making the games or what? what the **** is wrong with them????? can't they just think like we do? sorry but I have to get this off my chest. EFF you EA!!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:51 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
But I have a feeling strange that is was done on purpose to prevent people like Apex from reveiwing and making videos and bugging the stuff about stuff that is broken in the game.
This.

I remember one youtube video that the only way the Madden Devs would fix thier game is if they did not allow full instant replays so we can show the whole world on youtube what's happening.

The Devs have already said they watch the youtube videos, now I see what happened here.....

For this sole reason alone is why I will NOT be buying the game!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:58 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears2040
This.
For this sole reason alone is why I will NOT be buying the game!
I'm with you. I can't believe they are shortening replays so that people won't make videos about their crappy animations! I don't want this threadto turn into an EA 2K war, but stuff like this makes it clear that we need to bring back competition. This is like a dictatorship of football videogames. "Shut up and buy the game, you don't have any other choice anyway! " this should be EA's new motto.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »