Home

Pro-Tak... IMO Just For Marketing...

This is a discussion on Pro-Tak... IMO Just For Marketing... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Pro-Tak... IMO Just For Marketing...

1. Dynamic gang tackling: New never-before-seen tackling engine in a video game that allows up to 9 players to be involved in a tackle - including offensive and defensive players pushing the pile forward / backward.
2. Steerable tackles: Dynamically manipulating tackle animations based on player ratings means the difference between a first down or a punt.
3. All new OL/DL Interaction system: With steerable and branch-able animation technology, we can now create a true dynamic pocket around the QB as well as a true "flow" to the ball on run plays.
4. QB avoidance: Branch-able animation technology allows for QB's to shift around the pocket as well as break out of sack animations after they have already started.
5. Fight for the fumble: Dynamic fumble pileups allow possession to change hands while at the bottom of the pile.
__________________________________________________ __
Ok ok, i know what ur gonna say, another one of these threads>? rofl. But again, past football games not only 2k, but madden games had everything here EXCEPT, 9MAN Tackles... But it seems that they didnt add that in madden 10 that the ai is so super u can defelct the ball and still hit ur defender in air in one motion! SUPA HUMAN!@#$^#$^

Seriously, this is just for people to think this is so innovative, but football fans alredy saw this stuff, you know except the 9 man gang tackle which happens SOOO Often in the nfl... Same old Ea..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Pro-Tak... IMO Just For Marketing...

... same old ***** ...
Old 08-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Wow, I hope you haven't played the demo. This is such a terrible terrible thread to create, mainly due to stupidity.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Wow, I hope you haven't played the demo. This is such a terrible terrible thread to create, mainly due to stupidity.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I disagree with that statement. First its not 9 man gang tackling, its up to 9 man gang tackling, you make it sound like a 9 man pileup every play. Second the overall idea behind pro-tak is pretty good, to make realistic fighting for yardage through a better tackling system, were multiple players influence the outcome.

However in this early stage of its development really all i have seen are players suctioning onto the ballcarrier and really not affecting his momentum at all, then the ballcarrier either falling over or sidestepping out of the tackle.

Despite the early shortcomings (and keep in mind the full game hasnt dropped there still could be some tuning), simply saying its just a marketing ploy is unfair considering the overall direction of the feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
... same old ***** ...
When they bring back old features and market it as new... how am i hating?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes93
I disagree with that statement. First its not 9 man gang tackling, its up to 9 man gang tackling, you make it sound like a 9 man pileup every play. Second the overall idea behind pro-tak is pretty good, to make realistic fighting for yardage through a better tackling system, were multiple players influence the outcome.

However in this early stage of its development really all i have seen are players suctioning onto the ballcarrier and really not affecting his momentum at all, then the ballcarrier either falling over or sidestepping out of the tackle.

Despite the early shortcomings (and keep in mind the full game hasnt dropped there still could be some tuning), simply saying its just a marketing ploy is unfair considering the overall direction of the feature.
Well not only the gang tackles... the others features like qb avoidance, nice added, but alredy in past games
Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Before this gets locked. I have 100% no doubt that the final build will look just like the demo. Players will be "magnetized" to the ball carrier and have a hug it out session, then fall down like they are playing ring-around-the-rosey. The idea is fine, but the execution, not so much. I have never played a demo of a game that is drastically different from the final version. If there was a better display of Pro-tak, why haven't we seen the videos.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »