Home

Next Gen Madden

This is a discussion on Next Gen Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon5 Next Gen Madden

Madden 10 will be the 3rd iteration of Madden on next gen platform, and it's still doesn't feel like 'next gen' to me. (neither is 2K8)

I mean, the only big difference i see between last gen madden and next gen madden is graphics, and maybe gang tackling.
Pro tak sounds nice, and we'll have to see how powerful it is.

Backbreacker looks to be the first truly next gen game, if it's ever released.

FIFA has improved a lot compared to last gen (dynamic dribbling system, 360 move, threat zone AI)

I don't feel Madden as truly next gen compared to the old gen maddens

Just wonder what you guys expect from Madden to be considered as truly next gen (besides graphics). Or what you expected when next gen console were released. Are you satisfied ? Not yet ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Next Gen Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph
Madden 10 will be the 3rd iteration of Madden on next gen platform, and it's still doesn't feel like 'next gen' to me. (neither is 2K8)

I mean, the only big difference i see between last gen madden and next gen madden is graphics, and maybe gang tackling.
Pro tak sounds nice, and we'll have to see how powerful it is.

Backbreacker looks to be the first truly next gen game, if it's ever released.

FIFA has improved a lot compared to last gen (dynamic dribbling system, 360 move, threat zone AI)

I don't feel Madden as truly next gen compared to the old gen maddens

Just wonder what you guys expect from Madden to be considered as truly next gen (besides graphics). Or what you expected when next gen console were released. Are you satisfied ? Not yet ?
Maybe becuz the running feels SO FREAKEN STIFF, i prefer madden 08 next gen style... And when they run... oh gosh
Old 08-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I thought this was the 4th.

Started in 07 IIRC
Old 08-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Actually, Madden '10 will be the 5th iteration on next-gen (first was Madden '06 with McNabb on the cover). But I hear you. Until EA can clean up some things with this title, other EA titles such as their NHL and Fight Night series will be considered more "sports game of the year" worthy because of their emphasis on attempted sim.

We'll see how Madden '10 fares I guess.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I'd say it certainly feels like next gen. You're never going to see the kind of change that we saw between PS1 and PS2 again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

To me Madden is heading in the right direction. Tweak the running and continue to improve the o-line and d-line play. Off the field I'm hoping they continue to build up the online and offline franchise mode.

We all know that this game engine is here to stay so let's hope they can improve on it. Posting threads and videos about how bad this game is gets us no where except fustrated at fellow members and mods closing threads. So with that said, do I think Madden is Next Gen?...in certain areas yes I do...mainly the graphics department. Coming from SNES,and Genesis to Playstation 1, and through the years, it is amazing to see the things we can do in video games today. I have my issues with Madden but I know that its still a video game and I'm going to enjoy it......
Old 08-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

For me it just still feels like you are on ice skates but overall much better this year and prob even better with new camera view.

As a saftey user it feels like all the animations to break up a pass or intercept are not even there and lacks control. I couldnt even imagine doing the DB mini camp drill in next gen. Get that movement and interaction right and next gen will be good.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #8
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I think Madden is heading in the right direction with Ian leading the way. I am impressed with the amount of work they have done from Madden 09 to Madden 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »