Home

How Are You Going To Deal With Injuries in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on How Are You Going To Deal With Injuries in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:18 PM   #17
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: How Are You Going To Deal With Injuries in Madden 10?

It all depends on the situation and the severity of the injury. Most ofen I will just bench the player. No sense in taking unneeded risks. If it is only a few plays with out that player, I can live with out them and if it is long term I don't want a super banged up guy out there, so just bench them either way.

Now when I was in the Superbowl game and/or a very crucial game/score/etc Imy force a guy back in.

I am going to be the 49ers for the most part in Madden 10 and there are very few situations I would not bench someone. am i driving and Frank gore gets hurt? bench him, he fumbles a lot when healthy and Michael Robinson is a good player. Now if it a crucial defensive drive and I NEED to make a stop and Willis is hurt I will likely put him back in to give me that best shot.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:41 AM   #18
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
Yeah, and that's too bad. I'm pretty sure next year they will add the 80 man rosters, fix the IR bug, and add practice squads, and hopefully multiple progression points (not just offseason). That will improve franchise mode and dealing with the injuries by 1000% to me. They seemed to have fixed most of the AI problems and draft problems this year, so I imagine this is next on the list (as well as building on the Extra Point Show).
80 man rosters are going to be in the game someday, making preseason games playable. In headcoach I was able to find a few gems. I can see my veterans playing a series or two in the first preseason game and the rookies going the rest of the way. This will keep your veterans somewhat safe during the preseason, and you will have to be selective when cutting players.
But for this year, I like the feature that is currently in place.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:51 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 5

80 man roosters?? seriously ZERO chance of that ever happening... they only give us 2 slots for IR players if they increase it to 60 Id be more then happy cant see more then 7 big names being on IR
Old 08-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden81
80 man roosters?? seriously ZERO chance of that ever happening... they only give us 2 slots for IR players if they increase it to 60 Id be more then happy cant see more then 7 big names being on IR
80 man rosters aren't for IR. That's the number of players teams have during the offseason in camps before the first set of cuts. Teams start at 80 players and cut it down to 53 before the start of the regular season. The NFL sets the dates that the rosters have to be cut down to certain numbers. I never played head coach, but I know it was on there, and it should be in Madden.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #21
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

i think 80 man rosters would be a little too overwhelming for some folks, myself included.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

The feature is actually really cool. I really like how sometimes lets say your running back gets injured (at least with NCAA) iif you do put him back in the game he doesn't run the same @ all. I'm assuming it will be the same for Madden, but I really like that.

I just hope the injuries arent stupid this year. WIllie Parker tears his ACL, but he's on the ground holding his leg is kinda lame to me lol
Old 08-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
i think 80 man rosters would be a little too overwhelming for some folks, myself included.
If you didn't want to sign all 80 players and do the cuts, you could do it exactly like it is now. Just sign 53 (or even less if you wanted) and you wouldn't have to cut anybody. Nobody would force you to have 80 players, it would just be for those of us who want to sign a bunch of UDFAs and actually bring some of the real life tension of who is going to make the team.

It would work like this: After the draft you could sign as many players as you want (up to 80). After advancing through weeks, if you hadn't cut anybody, it would tell you that you must get your roster down to a certain size. It would continue until the final 53 man roster has to be finalized, and then you could utilize your practice squad. I'd love it, and some might not. But to those, it wouldn't really force them to do anything.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #24
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

If he's hurt play him, if he's injuried bench him.

Preseason, they will set next to me on my couch...

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »