Home

This Draft Info Has Me Pumped

This is a discussion on This Draft Info Has Me Pumped within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
This Draft Info Has Me Pumped

Bill's blog about the draft is just....awsome. Thanks Bill!

http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: This Draft Info Has Me Pumped

Idk bout that. 17 rookies rated 79+!! Doesnt the roster of 09 rookies have close to half of that? I could be wrong tho...
Old 08-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

that does seem to be very highly rated rookies with the new rating system. those numbers would be PERFECT as the potential ratings for most of the players. With that in mind, if those were the potential ratings, I would want to see at least a few creep into the 90s

thats just me tho
Old 08-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I love the late round sleepers...but they do seem to be a little highly rated..seems like after a few years of franchise the spread in ratings that EA did this year might go away
Old 08-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah... I think the rookies were rated too high. especially with the stretched out ratings. But if some of those players are programmed to be busts that would make it perfect. Plus it bothers me that there isnt somewhere that tells where a player was picked.... I just like to come back to the player 5 years down the road to see where he was picked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 23

Having 79+ rated rookies is fine as long as they don't all have 99 potential.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
tef
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like the fact that scouting matters and there will be late round studs. One thing we have to remember when looking at the ratings of the rookies is that their potential may only be a few digits above their current rating. Meaning the player you draft may never get any better.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mig_11
Idk bout that. 17 rookies rated 79+!! Doesnt the roster of 09 rookies have close to half of that? I could be wrong tho...
This is an improvement. A huge improvement. Don't forget most players in the 70-90 range are going to be serviceable starters not impact players. They may have potential ratings closer to their current overall too.

I'm not sure if he imported the roster from NCAA but these numbers are particularly close to those that other sites have had posted for imported rosters which is encouraging as well. In years past, if you imported a roster from NCAA you had a few 99 overalls a bunch of 90's and high eighties and an occasional player in the high 70's in the first round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »