Home

Replay Frustration

This is a discussion on Replay Frustration within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Replay Frustration

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Even your beloved 2k didn't do it all perfect on their first try.
wow, did you just really say that? first try?
EA has been making madden for um..... 20 years!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

You guys know they're going to patch it, so don't stress it. Yes, you'll miss a few replays for a month or so until they get it right, test it and pass it through microsoft but eventually it'll be fixed.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #11
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
wow, did you just really say that? first try?
EA has been making madden for um..... 20 years!
Not THIS dev team. The last dev team, headed my David Ortiz, essentially ruined the franchise. This is the first year under Ian Cummings, hence it being their first year.

Unless you honestly believe the SAME TEAM has been making the game for 20 years, lol.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Lol, give me a break. Should the replays be longer? Of course.

But ALLLL the little things Ian and his staff have added in this year clearly shows this new team is headed in the right direction. If you can't see the dramatic turnaround this group has made in a year, then you'll never be satisfied.

And don't give me the boring argument of "well 2k did...". You're right 2k did, and Madden should have been. But they didn't. That doesn't mean however, it's ever too late to start. And CLEARLY they have finally started.

Even your beloved 2k didn't do it all perfect on their first try.
Seriously? First try??? How many years do I have to wait for them to catch up? I have been compiling a list of things that they "left out" or are incomplete/broken in this year's game. It's awful to look at. These are just things that are in other games that should be in, not to mention any innovation. It really sucks to be a football gamer. I wonder how many letters we would have to write to the NFL to open the door for competition again. It would probably take over a million letters.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #13
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Not THIS dev team. The last dev team, headed my David Ortiz, essentially ruined the franchise. This is the first year under Ian Cummings, hence it being their first year.

Unless you honestly believe the SAME TEAM has been making the game for 20 years, lol.
this is not an entirely new DEV team. there are a few new pieces that were shifted around. Ian was part of this old DEV team do not forget, he was just not the man in charge.

Now I do agree that Ian seems to be a change for the better, but that doesn't change the fact that this game (despite how much better it is than 09) still does not measure up to a 5 year old game, and until it does, I will have a problem with dropping $60 on it. Sorry, thats just me. You appear to just have lower standards.. thats cool.

and how much do you really know about David Ortiz to make a statement like that, essentially blaming one man for ruining an entire franchise.

So, its ok to bash past DEVS, but not current ones here?
Old 08-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #14
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Seriously? First try??? How many years do I have to wait for them to catch up? I have been compiling a list of things that they "left out" or are incomplete/broken in this year's game. It's awful to look at. These are just things that are in other games that should be in, not to mention any innovation. It really sucks to be a football gamer. I wonder how many letters we would have to write to the NFL to open the door for competition again. It would probably take over a million letters.
I hate to break it to you but competition doesn't exactly breed results when it comes to making sports games...talent, focus, and direction of the Dev team is what brings about results. For proof please see MLB 2K vs. MLB: The Show. And also NBA 2K and recently NBA Live 09 vs NBA: The Life or whatever it's called.

We see games that have competition getting their asses handed to them by that competition. Give Ian & Co. a break and let them clean up the franchise a bit and see what they have under their sleeves before you continue to cry bloody murder.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #15
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

I really hope the replay option will be repaired so that we have full replays.

Short replays would really disappoint me as I use replays every match to enhance my enjoyment of the game.

I mostly play co-op offline with friends, normally 3 player, and we rely on replays for tactical reasons; blown defensive assignments, offensive spacing on pass plays, blocking & run etc etc, as well as enjoying the replays for big hits, big plays, funny plays.

Please sort this issue out EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #16
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
this is not an entirely new DEV team. there are a few new pieces that were shifted around. Ian was part of this old DEV team do not forget, he was just not the man in charge.

Now I do agree that Ian seems to be a change for the better, but that doesn't change the fact that this game (despite how much better it is than 09) still does not measure up to a 5 year old game, and until it does, I will have a problem with dropping $60 on it. Sorry, thats just me. You appear to just have lower standards.. thats cool.

and how much do you really know about David Ortiz to make a statement like that, essentially blaming one man for ruining an entire franchise.

So, its ok to bash past DEVS, but not current ones here?
When I refer to Ortiz, I refer to him and his team. And clearly, the years they were in charge, things took a turn for the worse. I can bash them because I saw the evidence of their work.

Under Ian's team however, things have improved more in one year than they did the past five. I'd say that provides a pretty good basis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »