Home

Colored Cleats, proper facemasks, bit off colors, wrong stripe direction - Good Job!

This is a discussion on Colored Cleats, proper facemasks, bit off colors, wrong stripe direction - Good Job! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #41
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Colored Cleats, proper facemasks, bit off colors, wrong stripe direction - Good J

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
He is upset resources that potentially could have been used on gameplay issues were used on graphics and art.
Seeing that your wife is a game developer you would know then that these two have no correlation with each other seeing as the people who work on art do not have anything to do with gameplay or online features.

And firing the Art department for a year is also mute.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 03:02 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Colored Cleats, proper facemasks, bit off colors, wrong stripe direction - Good J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
Of all the things - these were deemed "important" this year. For months we were seeing

Are colored cleats in?
Does ______ have his Revolution Speed X 3000 Helmet with his visor clip off to the side?
Oh no you see the 49ers helmet its dirt gold IRL but on here its dark dirt gold
Man they only have 3 white 2 black stripes on the shoulders that go all the way around the cuff but they have it 3 white 2 black going half way around the cuff

All these cosmetic things...do not matter. Those that see this as a must have - are a joke.

It's OK the Challenge system still is being surpassed by a game on the XBOX - ESPN 2K4 AND ESPN 2K5. 6 years...6 YEARS and Madden hasn't even been able to slightly implement it. Are you kidding me?

"Man lets challenge the fumble"

AI challenges ball spot.

"Crap! That sucks its OK though I have these awesome looking cleats"

The very LAST THING you should even think about is these cosmetic things.

Sure this game is leaps and bounds better than 09 (pending play) - but it's stupid that after all this talk about "it's my personal mission to stop people from comparing Madden to 2K" well guess what - when you still are falling behind a game 6 years old and will be going on 7 years.

I see there is still a quite bit of penalties missing - throwing past the LOS, ineligible receiver, running out of bounds and coming in for the catch - these things....all in a 6 year old game.

I support Madden but when your still not even close to topping 2K5 it's a joke.

But hey I guess it's OK - we have these colored cleats and perfect jerseys and these towels and all these other great equipment accessories.

Let's PAY to play in an All-Madden ranked match...hmm comes standard in a 6 year old game. Another ******* joke!

Yeah sure some of you guys care about these cosmetic features but obviously you need your priorities straight. I was blind for a few months - was getting wrapped up in all the new shiny features - but it's obvious that the Madden Team has no concern since they do not have any competition. I am not even that psyched for a lot of these features - cause as Madden has shown - the very USEFUL features just get kicked the next year or two instead of improving them.

Good job Madden - I am glad that you guys are still going strong on still being 2nd best.

I am not buying into the cop-out of "the online franchise is server side" I will be shocked if they ACTUALLY IMPLEMENT salary cap and trade logic and stuff like this during this year. It's just to get you guys to buy in and believe something will be done - good chance it won't since it's probably "not a huge number of people wanting it"

*** THAT! Have offline franchise identical to your online franchise just with 31 friends.

No sliders
No Draft Pick Trades (not confirmed)
No Salary Cap
No CPU initiated trades
NO CPU to User Trades
No Trade Logic
No future draft pick trades
No contracts

It's a joke - it's Madden 09 league all over again - just with 10 years and trades.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 28

The delivery of this post was probably not the best. While the game has been much improved, I don't think you can really argue with anything he pointed out in his post. It's still not close to what it should be. What can you do? EA is not giving up that license. Ever.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #44
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Seeing that your wife is a game developer you would know then that these two have no correlation with each other seeing as the people who work on art do not have anything to do with gameplay or online features.

And firing the Art department for a year is also mute.
I agree they have no that they have no end result correlation, but they have a budgetary correlation.

The more artists you have, the less developers you have. Simple supply/demand.

She laughed at your logic.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:23 PM   #45
Rookie

unisol_us's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
When they are being outshined by a 6 year old game - yeah it's that bad.

It's not harsh - its the truth. ESPN has features that Madden hasn't even attempted
Blah Blah Blah give it a rest already.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
I agree they have no that they have no end result correlation, but they have a budgetary correlation.

The more artists you have, the less developers you have. Simple supply/demand.

She laughed at your logic.
Except your dealing with Electronic Arts and Madden, the budget on that game i'm guessing is pretty large. Without knowing the situation how can you argue about it?

Do you know their budget and how much was spent?

Any ways, the game made a lot of improvement, I wish people would stop bashing on it until they actually play it.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
Excellent point....money spent on hiring graphic artists could be spent on hiring people to test the game who actually know how to eliminate the RC and properly test the challenge system, among other things.
Quote:
It kinda does. You could hire another engineer and fire the artist. Nothing personal, but I would rather have working IR rules than pretty cleats and helmet colors.
Wow.....just wow

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 08-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #48
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
Wow.....just wow
Another one of these guys who says something vague and doesn't supply any reasoning.

How about you EXPLAIN what you are wow'ing over?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »