Home

Will they ever add live rosters?

This is a discussion on Will they ever add live rosters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Will they ever add live rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdfan
What he's referring too is that Cassell no longer plays for the Pats. meaning you had a failed analogy.
If both of you guys thought I was talking about this year, then there is a bigger word then fail for that. But thanks for explaining his thinking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
This must be your first time to the rodeo. You have NO idea what's involved in programming.
I know a few things about programming.
I explained why it is easy.
Please pass the EA Sports kool aide and explain why you think it is so hard.

Let's see, you have a connection to the internet.
The game downloads rosters.
Now, let me know if that part is in the game already. If not, well, then I agree, tough stuff.
Then take said rosters and apply them to the teams in the game.
(I know that part is a reach, but I think they have some smart guys there).
The next week, rinse and repeat.

Now here is the really tough part for their team of under paid programmers, put in a menu item that links to said procedure.

See, was that so haaard?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #27
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

who would want to wait 7 days to play a game?

folks, your franchise exists in a FANTASY WORLD.

i don't understand the want/need for live rosters.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #28
Rookie

Ahh, Vick and Favre, with Favre starting at QB.

I'm guessing a live roster would be nice for everyone 8-10 weeks into their franchise.

Nah, let's just scrap all of our work and start over.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #29
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy
Ahh, Vick and Favre, with Favre starting at QB.

I'm guessing a live roster would be nice for everyone 8-10 weeks into their franchise.

Nah, let's just scrap all of our work and start over.

If you're already 8-10 weeks into your franchise, why would you CARE about Farvy and Vick? You're halfway through the season. They aren't involved. Everyone with half a brain knows the Madden release roster and the Week 1 roster are going to be different. If you care about accuracy *that* much, you wait till the real season starts.

What if instead of being in week 8, you're in season 2? You still want Farva stuck into the Vikings roster? No, you don't.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5

Sorry, but this is just a lame idea. I suspect that those of you calling for it haven't really thought about the implications of such a feature, and probably wouldn't like it if it actually made its way into the game.

Madden is supposed to be a football simulation; not an animated replicate of the real world NFL. If the rosters in your franchise had to match up with the real NLF, then roster management would be completely outside of your control. You couldn't cut players, sign free agents, make trades... etc. These things would happen automatically if and only if they happened in the real NFL. What's the fun in that? And for this to actually work, you would only be able to play 1 game per week. And what happens after season 1?

And why stop at rosters? If it bothers you Tom Brady is still playing in your Madden Franchise when in real life he is injured, then wouldn't it bother you just as much that a team in your franchise is 12-4, when in real life they want 8-8. Instead of having games simulated in your franchise, shouldn't they just mirror what's happening in the real NFL? Why should you even be able to determine the outcome of the games that you "play." If you can't make a trade unless it happens in the real NFL, then why should your team be able to win a game unless it happens in the real NFL?

This feature would sure make EA's job a lot easier. They wouldn't have to worry about creating a football simulation that produced realistic results. The results would just be determined by what happens in the real world; so no need for AI.

If this feature was completely optional, and if EA could program it into the game in just a few hours, then go ahead... what do I care. But I certainly wouldn't want EA to waste hours of programming time on a lame feature that very few people would actually want to use.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #31
Rookie

Wow, boggles my mind.

For me, I want an accurate representation of the current state of the NFL.
Why is that so hard to understand?

If you are happy to play against Sage Rosenfelds on the Viking while in the real world, it is going to be Farve, then why even buy this year's game?

Its so easy to do and, like I mentioned, people who are happy with a Tavarius Jackson led Viking squad in their world, they can keep it that way.

So, if I am in the third regular season week of my Viking franchise, is it crazy to ask to have Farve show up in my roster and have whatever scrub they cut gone? Really?
I am not asking them to make him a starter, just put him in my roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #32
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Agreed, and to add, my leagues do what happens each week in the NFL. So if Brady gest hurt the guy in the league using the Pats must bench Brady until he returns in real life. Easy. Oh and to do this you must have injuries truned off, you wouldn't want a player in the game getting hurt if he's healthy in real life.
I do the same thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »