Home

Fantasy Draft Franchise

This is a discussion on Fantasy Draft Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Banned

DX UnLeaSheD's Arena

OVR: 4
Fantasy Draft Franchise

I was bored on XBOX 360 today so I decided to make a Fantasy Draft Franchise. I never really liked doing fantasy drafts for any sports game, I don't know why. I picked the Texans, the first time I tried I got a very late pick so I tried again and got the number 1 pick. I of course picked Adrian Peterson. I just wanted to share my team and to see if you guys think this is a decent squad. I would suggest a fantasy draft franchise to all of you, it's actually pretty fun.

My Team:
QB - Matt Ryan
2nd String - Michael Vick (as much as I didn't want to pick him)
RB - Adrian Peterson
2nd String - Felix Jones (great acceleration, young talent, good back - up half back IMO.)
WRs
Calvin Johnson
Marvin Harrison
TE
Heath Miller

My Defense isn't the greatest but it'll do, my offence is what will get me places..

Ratings:
Quaterback - 3/3
Running Back - 3/3
Pass Defense - 2/3
Rush Defense - 2/3
Special Teams - 1/3 - It truly is pitiful
Coaching - 2/3

Another thing I enjoy about fantasy drafts is seeing where some of your favorite players go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Fantasy Draft Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX UnLeaSheD
I was bored on XBOX 360 today so I decided to make a Fantasy Draft Franchise. I never really liked doing fantasy drafts for any sports game, I don't know why. I picked the Texans, the first time I tried I got a very late pick so I tried again and got the number 1 pick. I of course picked Adrian Peterson. I just wanted to share my team and to see if you guys think this is a decent squad. I would suggest a fantasy draft franchise to all of you, it's actually pretty fun.

My Team:
QB - Matt Ryan
2nd String - Michael Vick (as much as I didn't want to pick him)
RB - Adrian Peterson
2nd String - Felix Jones (great acceleration, young talent, good back - up half back IMO.)
WRs
Calvin Johnson
Marvin Harrison
TE
Heath Miller

My Defense isn't the greatest but it'll do, my offence is what will get me places..

Ratings:
Quaterback - 3/3
Running Back - 3/3
Pass Defense - 2/3
Rush Defense - 2/3
Special Teams - 1/3 - It truly is pitiful
Coaching - 2/3

Another thing I enjoy about fantasy drafts is seeing where some of your favorite players go.
pretty nice little offensive squad..i think i am going to do a fantasy draft also!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
Banned

DX UnLeaSheD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaugherty
pretty nice little offensive squad..i think i am going to do a fantasy draft also!
Sweet. Let me know who you pick!
Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

I've done a couple fantasy draft franchises, I think I like doing the actual draft (both in-franchise draft and fantasy draft) more than playing the actual games. Here's the team I ended up with (pick 17 in odd rounds, 16 in even)

QB- Carson Palmer (97 THP in round 12, gets great accuracy progression after a year)
HB- Beanie Wells (Not sure why, but I wanted to make him my starter, solid power HB with room to grow)
FB- Lorenzo Neal
TE- James Casey (71 OVR but great receiving stats, A potential, a bargin in round 25)
WR- Vincent Jackson
WR- Joey Galloway (Percy Harvin at #3 WR)
LT- Jake Long
LG- I forget, no one special
C- No one special here either
RG- Stacy Andrews
RT- Phil Loadholt (forgot to draft a second tackle for a while >.<)

DE- Shawne Merriman (a 99 OVR DE in round 9)
DT- Luis Castillo (98 OVR at DT)
DT- No one special
DE- Larry English (84 OVR DE in round 21)
OLB- Brian Orakpo
MLB- Ray Lewis (old, but a beast, my first round pick)
OLB- Aaron Curry
CB- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
CB- Mike Jenkins
FS- Kerry Rhodes
SS- Brandon Meriweather

K- Mason Crosby
P- No one special, probably going to look to draft a punter after the first year)

I went for a defense heavy team (Lewis, Castillo, and Rhodes were my first 3 picks) and tried to take advantage of young talent that will be able to develop in a year or two (hence why I have 7 rookies starting).
Old 09-30-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
Rookie

my roommate and i really get into these. before we did a fantasy draft for a franchise one time, we did a fake draft just so we could make draft cheat sheets to see when the computer typically drafted what positions. i told you we really get into them.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
ymd
Banned

OVR: 1

Yeah I did mine. I got #29. Here was my roster.

QB-Carson Palmer
RB-Reggie Bush
FB: Heath Evans
WR-Marques Colston
WR-Anthony Gonzales
WR-Percy Harvin
TE-Heath Miller
LT-Peters
LG-some nobody
C-Dan Koppen
RG-some nobody
RT-Otah

Defense:
RE: Osi Umuinyora
DT: Vince Wilfork
DT: some nobody
LE: Maybins
OLB: Suggs
MLB: Beason
OLB: Tsiablahblahlongnameguy
CB: Corey Webster
CB: Mike Jenkins
FS: Randalo Hill
SS: Brandon Meriweather

Kicker: Prater
Punter: Miller

Overall I was absolutely estatic about my roster. Besides my offensive guards, I have a complete dominating team.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
Banned

DX UnLeaSheD's Arena

Cool. If you one to, you can update everyone on how your season goes. I'm currently 2-0.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

I ended up simming my first season since so many of my guys were rookies/1-year vets to get some progression out of them. Went 8-8, ended up with the 12th overall pick. All of my guys progressed well, including Carson Palmer who had a great season (3,700 yards, 32 TDs, 5 INTs, crazy good, got a boost of +11 to SAC/MAC/DAC bringing them all to the 94-97 range). 14 of those TDs went to DeSean Jackson who had 79 catches and 1200 yards. Beanie Wells got just over 200 carries, but only 500 yards and 4 TDs, still got his +6 OVR (including +5 to Trucking) so hopefully he'll be better this year.

Merriman had 12.5 sacks, and English had 3. Ray Lewis had 164 solo tackles (56 assists), along with 1 sack and an INT. Kerry Rhodes and Brandon Meriwheather both had 4 INTs. Aaron Curry had 75 solo tackles (48 assists) and 3 INTs.

In the draft I looked for some depth at CB (my guys get tired pretty fast in 3 and 4 wide sets, and I only had 4 CBs) and WR (again, only 4, nice to have a backup if someone gets injured), but I spent my first rounder on a QB to train up to replace Palmer in a few years. I managed to grab a RT in the 4th round who was good (81 OVR, 99 Strength, A potential) and I put him at LG to replace my 75 OVR starter.

I won the first game of my second season, but I only had a little over 200 yards passing and rushing (over 500 yards total offense though, thanks to Reggie Bush taking a kick 94 yards and a punt 63 yards back for TDs, he also caught a 22 yard screen pass for a TD). Hopefully I'll be able to get more offense going in the next few games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »