Home

Did the M10 Crew set the bar too high for M11?

This is a discussion on Did the M10 Crew set the bar too high for M11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Did the M10 Crew set the bar too high for M11?

Eh. I'm not sure. I haven't played this game yet. I agree with Bronco's though on this one that its the posters here that are setting expectations. Based on Madden's past offerings the bar would actually be pretty low. Hopefully they've got a well executed game in 2010 and continue it for 2011 but waaay too early.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #18
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Too early, way too early to talk about expectations for M11. I know we're all excited about this years version but, let's give this bad boy a run for two or three weeks and then talk about M11 expectations......let's get a grip on ourselves(no homo)
Old 08-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's_what_she_said
Madden 09 was my first next-gen Madden so I can't speak as if it's been going on for year's now.

I don't think there's conspiracy but it's pretty plausable that some of the past dev's were lazy and didn't really care because there hasn't been competetion for years..

When you're a business and you provide a service, you can't please EVERYONE to their heart's content so there will always be nay sayers and nit pickers. I myself keep my standards and expectations low because at the end of the day it's a video game intended for entertainment purposes only, if it doesn't entertain you don't but it.
[Referring to the bolded part] well yes, we know. And people say this again and again. The only problem with this paradigm is that you started the business with a mission in mind. That mission should've been to produce a football sim that is as close to the real thing as you can get within that year of development. So yes, people will always nitpick and w/e, but that is what sliders and options are for. Also, as long as EA has that license people are gonna nitpick anyway. But the fact of the matter remains that you are not supposed to cater to the casual gamer first. The casual gamer won't know the difference. Which is one of the reasons why madden has sucked these last 4-5 years. You are supposed to start with your core fanbase: the maddennites. And by continuing to appease them, they will run out and tell their friends, they will nag their friends to play, etc etc until the "casual" gamer gets hooked and starts getting into it and becomes a maddennite themselves. EA is gonna sell millions of copies regardless of what they do because the casual gamer wont know any better any way! The ethics behind business though, is to not provide whack s*** just for a quick buck.

PSN: Gorilla-bob-Mac
Old 08-05-2009, 05:26 PM   #20
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

areas needing improvement:

-running animations
-tackling animations
-jumpball animations
-online franchise
-offline franchise
-morphing
-sliding

after this, then we can talk about setting the bar high
Old 08-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofficial
[Referring to the bolded part] well yes, we know. And people say this again and again. The only problem with this paradigm is that you started the business with a mission in mind. That mission should've been to produce a football sim that is as close to the real thing as you can get within that year of development. So yes, people will always nitpick and w/e, but that is what sliders and options are for. Also, as long as EA has that license people are gonna nitpick anyway. But the fact of the matter remains that you are not supposed to cater to the casual gamer first. The casual gamer won't know the difference. Which is one of the reasons why madden has sucked these last 4-5 years. You are supposed to start with your core fanbase: the maddennites. And by continuing to appease them, they will run out and tell their friends, they will nag their friends to play, etc etc until the "casual" gamer gets hooked and starts getting into it and becomes a maddennite themselves. EA is gonna sell millions of copies regardless of what they do because the casual gamer wont know any better any way! The ethics behind business though, is to not provide whack s*** just for a quick buck.
In your opinion have they made leaps and bounds of postive improvements to this year's Madden versus the previous next gen Madden's? If so, isn't that a pretty big step in the right direction?

I would think so and I haven't played the demo.

Check it out and let me know what you think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 6

whem i first played madden 09 i thought it was the best madden game ever. two month after the realease i realise it was the worst madden game i ever played. the first day i played the madden 10 demo(PIT vs ARI) i thought it was the best game i ever played. the fouty day after the demo come out i realise that the demo was crap. you cant say a game is heading the right direction if you play it once. play the game for three weeks before you pass your jurgement on it.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
areas needing improvement:

-running animations
-tackling animations
-jumpball animations
-online franchise
-offline franchise
-morphing
-sliding

after this, then we can talk about setting the bar high
Cosign on those. Also, AI needs a healthy spoonfull of "fixit." Everything else can be left alone for me. It's a pretty game, but I want it to play better. To be able to still enjoy the game after the new wears off would be great. I can still play Call of Duty 4, Splinter Cell, and other football game after years and still have fun. When the new Madden comes out each year, I should want to buy it because it got better, not just because it is the latest offering. I am intrigued by the direction the series seems to be going, but from what I have experienced with M10, it won't be for me.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Too early, way too early to talk about expectations for M11. I know we're all excited about this years version but, let's give this bad boy a run for two or three weeks and then talk about M11 expectations......let's get a grip on ourselves(no homo)
ok agree. too early for this question.
what's with with the angry replies? (not talking about yours)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »