Home

QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher

This is a discussion on QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
Rookie

Jobe111's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...erc_active.htm

Romo is 6/35 among active QBs in completion percentage, ahead of guys like Tom Brady.
Eli Manning is 30/35 among active QBs in completion percentage, behind guys like Josh McCown and J.P. Losman.

I don't have a problem with Romo's accuracy in a vacuum, it's just his accuracy relative to Eli Manning's in the demo. Eli seems much more accurate, which doesn't seem right. I don't care if Romo gets bumped up or Eli gets bumped down, but it feels way backwards to me right now.

Tracking stats in the demo is tricky since an entire game may get you stats like 3 for 4 thanks to the absurdly short quarters.
Yea but if you look at that list your saying Daunte Culpepper should be more accurate than Tom Brady

Its not so much about Career, its more of what you've done lately. Romo wasn't that accurate last year

We just wait for our turn to speak.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #10
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

also keep in mind he's playing in a snowstorm with 15-20 mph winds
Old 08-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Overall accuracy doesn't matter anymore - short, medium, deep, and throw on the run are the numbers you should care about.

Tony's career completion percent is 63.6%. What are you seeing in the demo?
If it doesn't matter anymore then why have it in there. Its just a waste of space.

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

To me throwing accuracy is a quick summary of what to expect the higher it is the better the other sections will be so I don't find it useless at all.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #13
Rookie

Eli had the best year of his career last year and Romo had the worst year of his career, and Romo still had a higher completion percentage, higher Y/C, higher QB rating, more yards, and more touchdowns, in less attempts. I'm not suggeting Romo should be some sort of super-fantastic QB (I don't even LIKE the cowboys). If anything, I think Eli's ratings are too high. I'm not going to make a fuss about it, I just saw the thread and thought I'd throw in my two cents.

As for weather, they're BOTH playing in a snowstorm with 20mph winds, so that kind of cancels out.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

Poor Rex.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #15
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousFoLife
To me throwing accuracy is a quick summary of what to expect the higher it is the better the other sections will be so I don't find it useless at all.
Well you are wrong. Thanks for playing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Overall accuracy doesn't matter anymore - short, medium, deep, and throw on the run are the numbers you should care about.

Tony's career completion percent is 63.6%. What are you seeing in the demo?
So as a developer... I must ask you... why put in code that is no longer used? It will only confuse the consumer and make me nit pick.

If it no longer has any value I say remove it or average it or base the overall rating on the offense that the team is running.

If you are playing in an offense that need short range accuracy and your short range is horrible then it should affect the overall more...

I say take it out

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »