Home

QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher

This is a discussion on QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: QB accuracy ratings a head-scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
If you want QB's that throw on the money most of the time play with Drew Brees, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

People ask for realism and then when they start getting a hint of it all they do is bitch and complain. QBs are largely inaccurate in real life and they are starting to portray that in the game. This isn't Madden 09 anymore where every QB is a robot with a cannon arm, start getting used to it and play real football.
LOL, I have been playing nothing but a game that portrays various accuracy in QB's. I play it pretty decently also. In fact Ap2k8 passing is harder than Madden and I put up some impressive numbers with a generic QB in a online league.

Aint Romo, Rothensberger, Manning, and Warner good QBs ? Why are they all exhibiting the same behavior ?
Old 08-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
The game is in a snowstorm with 15 MPH winds.
thats true

but im tired of hearing excuses

"Its just the demo" "its windy" "pre E3"

FK that

IDC if its 15 mph wind, thats not going to push a ball 30 yards off the target. and i literally mean eli threw it to the stands dam near

its like that in the cards pitt demo as well and its BS

like i said b4, qb inaccuracy is part of the game, im fine with that. but dam!!!!1 Roethlisberger and warner may not be the most accurate but they're missing passes by 10-15 yards, if they threw like that they wouldnt be in the NFL, thats BS
Old 08-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
By the way, There are way off passes being thrown in the GS demo too. Is that same 15mph wind in that demo also ?
Thank you,

where were you in the thread i posted about this, i couldve used your help, lol, i got bashed by these OS bums

I was making the same points as this thread and all the OS bums start talking trash and making excuses for EA, Fkn bums get off their nuts. the inaccuracy is way too prevalent in both demos and it makes no logical sense.

There are passes in the demo where my wrs are wide open with no1 around them, I lead them, and the ball goes sailing 15 yards over their head??? ok, just dont lead them right??? wrong, dont lead them and the FKn defense turns into auditioning acts for batman.

With all that said and done........

I'll still be buying madden and Ill still be good, but the fun factor and control has been drastically decreased IMO!!! O well, theres always NBA live and 2K
Old 08-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #60
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Haven't read every post to a tee, but it seems some people are upset b/c they're seeing off-the-mark passes? After Madden 09, I'd think everyone would be thrilled to see some incompletes.

P.S. I'm finding success in the passing game in both demos on all-pro settings. By no means am I the messiah of passing the ball in Madden, but with patience and calling good plays, I've had mucho success. Just yesterday, I believe I was 6/7 with Romo mixing in short, mainly intermediate, and a deep ball.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
If you want QB's that throw on the money most of the time play with Drew Brees, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

People ask for realism and then when they start getting a hint of it all they do is bitch and complain. QBs are largely inaccurate in real life and they are starting to portray that in the game. This isn't Madden 09 anymore where every QB is a robot with a cannon arm, start getting used to it and play real football.
you are right, but he's referring to the fact they really miss. in real life if brady misses, its just out of reach, and great ones dont miss a wide open reciever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #62
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Haven't read every post to a tee, but it seems some people are upset b/c they're seeing off-the-mark passes? After Madden 09, I'd think everyone would be thrilled to see some incompletes.

P.S. I'm finding success in the passing game in both demos on all-pro settings. By no means am I the messiah of passing the ball in Madden, but with patience and calling good plays, I've had mucho success. Just yesterday, I believe I was 6/7 with Romo mixing in short, mainly intermediate, and a deep ball.
Just curious, was the deep ball your only incompletion??
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I posted a thread a couple days ago asking about ratings to get a better understanding of them so you know whatto expect out of your players. So that there is no confusion as to what you are seeing on the field.

I posted a thread a month or so ago saying on launch day it would be a good idea for a dev to explain the new stuff in the game so there wont be any misunderstandings on whether something is working as intended or broken.

When I see they have ratings in the game tha dont really mean nothing, well what better way of promoting confusion. If the rating dont really mean anything then it should be removed or at the very least documented and explained to stop confusion.
This aint a bust on EA this is just common sense.

As for the ratings and QB accuracy I have a question. Is the ratings such that if Romo has a low deep pass rating it is expressed by "random" bad throws or a natural by product of his having a low arm strength not allowing the balls to get deep enough, his accuracy rating being such that his balls are thrown a little too much in front of or a little too much behind a WR ?

In Ap2K8, there is a QB named Max Barnum. I could never play with this guy. He could not throw the deep pass for nothing and his passes in general had no zip, if he had any pressure in his face his balls would be way off target and when he threw short has passes would often be way out in front of the WR.

I understood this about him. So I knew going into a game with him, I was not going to be a offensive threat deep. Not because the lead pass option made it so, not because of random bad passes, but simply because his ratings made him what he was. I knew If I was gonna throw a pass with him I had to throw a little early to counter the fact he lead the WRs so much.

I also knew I could not scramble with this guy.

If you knew these things about the QB, you knew you needed lots of time in the pocket to be successful throwing with him and you knew you could not run plays with alot of deep routes in it. You also knew you would have to run the ball to be in the game

If Madden has captured this with their QB play then fine, all will be well. If its a random errant ball throw fest, that would really suck.
This is what im worried about.

Its like some mathematical algorithm was implemented that says "Oh its his 5th pass, FK it, he'll missfire by 10 yards"

Randomness

Stop the randomness

This is the type of gameplay that happens when user control is compromised to create a more "sim" game

Im all for a more sim game but dont take my control away and give it to the computer AI
Old 08-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #64
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

This is not a final judgement of the passing game since I haven't played the retail version yet, but off the mark passes seem fine to me. When my QB throws off the mark, I chalk it up to a bad pass. S*** happens! The bad passes do not happen all the time, so please don't make it sound like it's a major problem... and they happen more when QB is on run, or hasn't set his feet, which is they way it should be. It's 1000x better than being too accurate, which was a HUGE problem in the past. I LOVE the passing game now. I HATE the way passing was too accurate for both USER/CPU last year.

One thing I do want to see is how the new ratings actually affect the QB. If you drop the ratings for short/med/long range passes to 0, will it have a substantial affect on the passes. Can someone with the game test this out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »