Home

Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden?

This is a discussion on Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 01:42 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden?

I find it actually fun, especially if its agaisnt a human, usualy the first person to get on it has an advantage which I realistic, and can be taken out his hands under the pile which is again realistic
Old 08-06-2009, 01:54 AM   #34
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Will "fight for the fumble" go down as the worst new feature ever in Madden?

Well this issue seems to be nothing if not polarizing.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 21

The problem is its just not realistic at times. I have already seen 3 times where a player is clearly down with control of the ball and it happens.

In the NFL ref's are pretty spot on about when a team has recovered the ball. I have never seen a player have position of the ball and random people just start jumping on top of him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:13 AM   #36
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
The problem is its just not realistic at times. I have already seen 3 times where a player is clearly down with control of the ball and it happens.

In the NFL ref's are pretty spot on about when a team has recovered the ball. I have never seen a player have position of the ball and random people just start jumping on top of him.
Then you need to watch more football.

If it can be turned off, then no big deal. QB Vision cone still owns this title.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:34 AM   #37
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

Is it worse than the Mascot mashup or homefield advantage from NCAA? maybe...
Old 08-06-2009, 02:39 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Then you need to watch more football.
If it can be turned off, then no big deal. QB Vision cone still owns this title.
Look at my images and tell me that would ever happen in the NFL. Please show me when in the NFL this would ever turn into a "Fight for the Fumble"

Plus in the NFL they have challenges which guarantee this play would NEVER be ruled a fumble.

This isn't even nit-picking. This is the first F4F I ever was involved in.

Last edited by bang911; 08-06-2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:58 AM   #39
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Honestly I am huge fan of sim and I like the Fight for Fumble feature.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-06-2009, 02:59 AM   #40
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13

A question for the people who have seen this one way or the other:

Does every single fumble trigger the "fight for the fumble" screen? Do some guys just scoop it up and run with it sometimes?

I only have the one minute demo and have only seen two fumbles..both have resulted in FFTF situations.

If the answer to my question is yes, every fumble is contested this way, I will rest my case on this feature being one of the worst ever. If not, I will consider it a polarizing feature and give it more time to see how it shakes out before turning it off instantly once I boot up the full retail game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »